According to AJ Maddah, promoter of Soundwave Revolution, there is a spot being held on the main stage for Weezer. It all comes down to them wanting to do it.

All the Aussies need to show support, show that we want them here!

http://twitter.com/iamnotshouting/status/65641429623513088

Tags: Australia, Soundwave Revolution

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

bonza? what the hell?

lol. he's right though. it would be bonza.

Thanks man, I really appreciate your kind words! Yeah, it's a bummer that they can't come down here, we don't bite and I feel we're just as deserving as the rest of the world is to their presence. I'm annoyed because there seems to be no valid reason for it, Rivers stated before that it was an issue to do with lack of promoters' interest, so I naturally went out and emailed promoters. I'm sorry that I invested all of that time into doing that considering there already has been interest for the past eight years with more than adequate financial incentive to go along with it. I don't understand Rivers' motives for lying to us and why they're so against coming down here.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
Feel bad for Jamekae (and the rest of Australia, of course) as he's one of the best posters on here. He's constructive but still passionate about Weezer's music and is always giving Rivers great advice in how to improve the band. They just wanted a festival show, something that the US has been spoiled with for a decade. I don't understand why Rivers wouldn't go even after such an amazing offer.
I empathise with you James. Many fans have put a great deal of effort into encouraging promoters to make offers to the band to come to Australia. It would certainly be good to hear something from the band as to why they do not tour here.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:
Thanks man, I really appreciate your kind words! Yeah, it's a bummer that they can't come down here, we don't bite and I feel we're just as deserving as the rest of the world is to their presence. I'm annoyed because there seems to be no valid reason for it, Rivers stated before that it was an issue to do with lack of promoters' interest, so I naturally went out and emailed promoters. I'm sorry that I invested all of that time into doing that considering there already has been interest for the past eight years with more than adequate financial incentive to go along with it. I don't understand Rivers' motives for lying to us and why they're so against coming down here.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
Feel bad for Jamekae (and the rest of Australia, of course) as he's one of the best posters on here. He's constructive but still passionate about Weezer's music and is always giving Rivers great advice in how to improve the band. They just wanted a festival show, something that the US has been spoiled with for a decade. I don't understand why Rivers wouldn't go even after such an amazing offer.

thanks for trying weezer fans of oz. I know there have been numerous petitions over the years, and you guys and others (in the past) have contacted australian promoters to try and address the 'no promoter interest' excuse. I guess we just have to accept that weezer will never tour here again. I mean 2 million dollars plus costs, that is an insane amount of money to be turning down for only five gigs. AJ is the only promoter in australia with the will and clout to be able to offer that much money to weezer, and they still said no. It's never gunna happen.

'they should come back, they should come back, i don't even know how they got off the track, they should come back yeah....'

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video