According to AJ Maddah, promoter of Soundwave Revolution, there is a spot being held on the main stage for Weezer. It all comes down to them wanting to do it.

All the Aussies need to show support, show that we want them here!

http://twitter.com/iamnotshouting/status/65641429623513088

Tags: Australia, Soundwave Revolution

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can empathise with fans on this issue. However I think it's important to keep an open mind. It's all very well to respond to comments made by one promoter on Twitter, but we really don't have the full picture.I don't think it was very professional of AJ to make some of the remarks he did let alone to retweet abusive comments. That said, I think that Australian fans would really benefit from a comment from/ on behalf of Weezer with regards to a possible tour in the near future. Perhaps that would help to alleviate some of the frustration that fans are experiencing.

Hope somehow the message gets to Rivers and company. It's a shame that a whole country of fans has to miss out on seeing one of their favorite bands. Regardless whether the promoter's rant may or may not be unprofessional, I can imagine his frustration. And if there honestly isn't a legitimate reason for not going there, then I'm all for this kind of public outcry. Good luck to you, hope one day Australia does indeed get at least one show in the non-too distant future.
Feel bad for Jamekae (and the rest of Australia, of course) as he's one of the best posters on here. He's constructive but still passionate about Weezer's music and is always giving Rivers great advice in how to improve the band. They just wanted a festival show, something that the US has been spoiled with for a decade. I don't understand why Rivers wouldn't go even after such an amazing offer.

I am glad I am not the only one feeling this way :)

It is comforting to know there are others out there feeling the same frustrations!

Thank you for your kind words. That's very thoughtful of you.

johnny rockets said:
Hope somehow the message gets to Rivers and company. It's a shame that a whole country of fans has to miss out on seeing one of their favorite bands. Regardless whether the promoter's rant may or may not be unprofessional, I can imagine his frustration. And if there honestly isn't a legitimate reason for not going there, then I'm all for this kind of public outcry. Good luck to you, hope one day Australia does indeed get at least one show in the non-too distant future.

So, AJ just tweeted

"@ I offered them $2M + costs for 5 shows."

Weezer.... wtf.

WHUT. wow.

Alex [Ashura252] said:

So, AJ just tweeted

Weezer.... wtf.

Topical and not a moment too late, Dorian!!
So it definitely isn't about money then. As others have previously said it would not be worth it...

Alex [Ashura252] said:

So, AJ just tweeted

Weezer.... wtf.

AJ had said there'd be no sideshows for SWR....Maybe, just maybe, after such a long absense Rivers thought Aussie fans deserved better...
Well i would like to hear (see) that from his mouth (twitter/FB).

thanks for all the updates guys!!  ...the bizarre world of weezer...

where 2 million bucks isn't enough to entice them here

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video