According to AJ Maddah, promoter of Soundwave Revolution, there is a spot being held on the main stage for Weezer. It all comes down to them wanting to do it.

All the Aussies need to show support, show that we want them here!

http://twitter.com/iamnotshouting/status/65641429623513088

Tags: Australia, Soundwave Revolution

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Of course Australian Weezer fans would LOVE to hear the band perform at Soundwave Revolution. Apparently the line up will be announced this week, so people won't have long to wait for an answer either way.

If the band don't play this particular event though, I'm sure there will be other opportunities in the near future.

I've had the great privilege of hearing Weezer play live and it was one of the best music experiences of my life. I've heard many bands perform at festivals and individual shows, over a number of years. Australian audiences are very receptive to hearing new music and are very enthusiastic.

I am very passionate about encouraging promoters to support a tour of Australia. Not so much for my own sake, but because I know that there are many people here who have never even heard the band's music before. I can't help but feel like people are missing out. I've been contacting radio and tv programs, requesting songs and so on, trying to get the music out there. Little by little, the broadcasters are listening. There's also some networking taking place on myspace and facebook.

I feel positive that a tour will happen. It might not be with Soundwave, but it will happen someday soon.

plesase come to australia weezer!! 15 years is too long!

Most bands playing at Soundwave Revolution have been announced already. However, just got news that the last remaining 10 bands or so will be announced on Wednesday the 11th of May.

Just saw that on twitter :) 10 more..... 1 of them needs to be Weezer!!!
Let's be hoping it's Weezer.
I'd be ecstatic if they were formally announced!

If this happens it'd be a dream come true ( and ready to cancel a trip o/s if they're announced!)

It's like, they haven't been here in so long, they owe Aussie fans a visit! Soundwave revolution also seems like a really good fit for them...
It's great to see Australian fans showing their support here. :)
"@iamnotshouting Any developments on whether or not @Weezer is a go?"

"@Jamekae @Weezer We're all hanging in there waiting on Mr Cuomo's decision as to whether he wants to come to Australia. Probably not..."

It's a shame Rivers doesn't like Australia, I think it's the bad memories of '96 that have made Australia a no-go-zone for Rivers, which is a real big shame, I'm sure he'd love the country if he came here today. I think I read that Rivers like beaches and if he does, skipping out on Australia is criminal!

Thanks for posting an update Jamekae.

I'm not sure that Rivers dislikes Australia and I don't know where people are getting that idea from. Even if his personal experience of touring here in the past was far from ideal, that was more than 10 years ago now. I think that Australia has changed quite a bit over the past 15 years or so, for the better. The cities are more lively and diverse. In any case, isn't this a decision for the whole band to consider?

One thing we can agree on is this: that should the band decide to tour here, they would very definitely enjoy themselves.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

"@iamnotshouting Any developments on whether or not @Weezer is a go?"

"@Jamekae @Weezer We're all hanging in there waiting on Mr Cuomo's decision as to whether he wants to come to Australia. Probably not..."

It's a shame Rivers doesn't like Australia, I think it's the bad memories of '96 that have made Australia a no-go-zone for Rivers, which is a real big shame, I'm sure he'd love the country if he came here today. I think I read that Rivers like beaches and if he does, skipping out on Australia is criminal!

El Scorcho was playing on Triple J as I got into the car this morning..... my heart was thumping like crazy, thinking that the SWR "big announcement" would follow.  When will I ever learn?!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video