Does anyone else here have bipolar disorder?

I was officially diagnosed 2 weeks ago with schizoaffective (long time coming) and I'm dreading the medication but have finally decided to start it soon.

Just wanting to see if anyone here can relate?

Views: 806

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dr. Stevenson Alderworst + not working on his own issues + placing the blame on others = 0

you are great at math(s). and life.

Jumpin on the floor (natkat) said:

Dr. Stevenson Alderworst + not working on his own issues + placing the blame on others = 0

thanx
berry_rydell [berry_rydell] said:

oh I see now, that wasn't directed toward me. Hm... now you might say, I'm not very good at differentiating forum replies and stuff. Suzanne if yous ee this, call me back we need to talk asap.

Stevenson Alderworst (just came) said:

thanx
berry_rydell [berry_rydell] said:

capitalistic society + parents = free pizza, free soda, room with no rent, a****** son who is loved by his mother anyway

psychiatric drugs + diagnosis = something you need to get and shut up about rather than pretending its cool to have mental problems and bragging about

breaking away from barriers and psychiatric drugs by going to college = wtf are you talking about?

being a career student to avoid all of societal barriers = not joining a frat then dropping out and crying about it

becoming a librarian or w.e that b**** suzanne is doing = STUPID (only if you are the kind of person who only likes to go to libraries to lip sync to weezer songs rather than to read)

Stevenson Alderworst + several years = living in his moms house, still b*******

thinking about what Alderworst is saying + not just disregarding it = not possible

how? why don't you write out something out instead of just throwing down statements about generations. Who said anything about a generation.

Capitalistic society + parents = binding, barriers, limits freedom

Psychiatric drugs + diagnosis = still barriers, but too numbed to realize, false freedom

Breaking away from barriers and psychiatric drugs by going to college = freedom

Being a career student to avoid all of societal barriers = most freedom

Becoming a librarian or w.e that b**** suzanne is doing = STUPID

Stevenson Alderworst + several years = Dr. Stevenson Alderworst, celebrated creative genius, voice of a generation

Thinking about what Alderworst is saying + not just disregarding it = you also creative genius, less celebrated of course

if-i-were-an-orange said:

you are a magnificent representation of your generation

capitalistic society + parents = free pizza, free soda, room with no rent, a****** son who is loved by his mother anyway

okay that's fine

psychiatric drugs + diagnosis = something you need to get and shut up about rather than pretending its cool to have mental problems and bragging about

=something you should be educated about before you turn yourself into a zombie and give up all of your free will

breaking away from barriers and psychiatric drugs by going to college = wtf are you talking about?

if you don't go to college then what are you going to do? start a famous band? this isn't 1994 anymore.

if you don't go to college you could.....

start a multi-billion dollar computer company

start a non-profit volunteer organization that helps millions in need

invest in stocks

open your own business

invent something that revolutionizes the way we live

move to Jamaica, fish, listen to music and relax all day...free of all "barriers"

write a book

start a famous band....why not?

train and become a successful athlete

be an artist

stand up for what you believe and be an activist

run for office

.....or you can choose the other route.....go to college / quit your frat / go home and cry about it to mommy / then hate her and develop mental problems which you can educate yourself about via the internet

I'm not saying I did college in the right way... the real reason I'm perturbed is because I feel like I did not get the value of a good education, mainly because I moved into a tumultuous party house and it was freezing, and difficult to concentrate on anything.

But okay, you've mentioned a list of alternatives to college. But for the common person, male or female, who does not necessarily have huge ambitions or a means to get to Jamaica, or in short do anything extreme or brilliant like that, their best option after high school--unless they want 4 more years of parental supervision, which is not independence and which is not fun--is to go away to college, so that they can experience some form of freedom and have fun and learn stuff.

If you remain bound to your homespun environment, it's only natural to develop some kind of neurosis. It would be unnatural to be living at home and not be depressed or bi-polar.

The best thing one can do is yes, have some kind of alternative ambition or something you like to do--artistic, business related, travel and go abroad--but take it with you to college because really classwork is just a formality for you to do all the other good stuff.

invest in stocks

open your own business

move to Jamaica, fish, listen to music and relax all day...free of all "barriers"

write a book

be an artist

run for office

.....or you can choose the other route.....go to college / quit your frat / go home and cry about it to mommy / then hate her and develop mental problems which you can educate yourself about via the internet

1. many people go through college living in cold, noisy 'party' houses (just like you) and end up doing really well (unlike you). neither temperature nor partying in isolation is a barrier to academic success - they're simply weak excuses for failure.

2. "because really classwork is just a formality for you to do all the other good stuff" - fyi, this is why you suck at college. and math. and life.

I'm not saying I did college in the right way... the real reason I'm perturbed is because I feel like I did not get the value of a good education, mainly because I moved into a tumultuous party house and it was freezing, and difficult to concentrate on anything.

But okay, you've mentioned a list of alternatives to college. But for the common person, male or female, who does not necessarily have huge ambitions or a means to get to Jamaica, or in short do anything extreme or brilliant like that, their best option after high school--unless they want 4 more years of parental supervision, which is not independence and which is not fun--is to go away to college, so that they can experience some form of freedom and have fun and learn stuff.

If you remain bound to your homespun environment, it's only natural to develop some kind of neurosis. It would be unnatural to be living at home and not be depressed or bi-polar.

The best thing one can do is yes, have some kind of alternative ambition or something you like to do--artistic, business related, travel and go abroad--but take it with you to college because really classwork is just a formality for you to do all the other good stuff.

invest in stocks

open your own business

write a book

be an artist

run for office

w.e

college dropout feels like he didn't get the value of a good education. why are we paying attention to stevenson?

because otherwise I'd have to make a topic asking people to list their favorite weezer songs for a even numbered day in december.

this is at least slightly more entertaining.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video