Please make it happen

Views: 870

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just thought I'd bring it up as a point of discussion as people have been talking about it elsewhere online (Twitter etc). I'm not necessarily suggesting that fans boycott the show. I know people have been looking forward to this tour for a very long time.

JumpingJesusOnAPogostick! [spaz] said:

I think it's absolutely disgusting...

...that this is even an issue.

Danielle said:

I only just became aware of the fact that the Jakarta show is sponsored by the tobacco company PT Djarum, (L.A. Lights).  How do people feel about this?

Here is a link I discovered online, a letter requesting that Weezer remove tobacco sponsorship from this tour.

http://www.tobaccofreekids.org/content/tia_database/files/Letters/W...

Actually we don't care about the sponsor, because we just need the show, and we don't know how come the tobacco company can join this show as sponsor, I think this is just the promoter need some extra support for this event. not a big deal.

But however we don't care about the tobacco company issue, because this is our show, and what all i need to say is everyone come join and enjoy the show, it will be gonna rock show !

Thanks for your concern

Danielle said:

I just thought I'd bring it up as a point of discussion as people have been talking about it elsewhere online (Twitter etc). I'm not necessarily suggesting that fans boycott the show. I know people have been looking forward to this tour for a very long time.

Danielle said:

I only just became aware of the fact that the Jakarta show is sponsored by the tobacco company PT Djarum, (L.A. Lights).  How do people feel about this?

Here is a link I discovered online, a letter requesting that Weezer remove tobacco sponsorship from this tour.

Yeah. At the end of the day, it's about the music. Enjoy!!!!

Yudistira Aditya Pradana said:

Actually we don't care about the sponsor, because we just need the show, and we don't know how come the tobacco company can join this show as sponsor, I think this is just the promoter need some extra support for this event. not a big deal.

But however we don't care about the tobacco company issue, because this is our show, and what all i need to say is everyone come join and enjoy the show, it will be gonna rock show !

Thanks for your concern

Danielle said:

Danielle said:

eh ada master of indonesian weezer..ehehehehe...see you on lapangan D ya, oom Din.. ^_^

Starwick Music said:

eh ada kak jarot :p

jarot feliano said:

anytime, my fellow weezerian ehehehehe

c u there then...

Khazmin Jumain said:

Thanks Jarot. Very helpful. I've asked my friend in Jakarta to help me purchase them anyway in case I wasn't able to buy them online.

jarot feliano said:

pre-sale ticket for Jakarta concert are available at rajakarcis.com, jakartaconcerts.com

i just bought them ^_^

is there any respond from weezer regarding this letter yet? just hoping what's best to happen (the concert is still a GO..eehehhe)

Danielle said:

Stoked for all the Indonesian fans to finally get a show... When I was in Bali in 2006 I was wearing a Weezer shirt around town and I had quite a few locals shout out 'WEEZER!!!' at me when I wore it. You're right - it's your show - there are worse things that could be sponsoring it, and besides if that's what it took to finally happen then who cares! Enjoy the Weezer show guys!
Thanks for your support, Danielle!

Danielle said:

I'm really excited for Indonesian fans!!! I can hardly believe the tour is starting in just a few days time! I hope everyone enjoys the show. Please be sure to take lots of photos and to share your experiences!

Just came back to Singapore from Jakarta after last night's concert and it was amazing. The Jakarta fans were great. Weezer were great. Rivers was awesome. Unforgettable experience. SIP!

Congrats khaz!! You did it, dude! (After those troubled way to go.. Lol). Be back soon on weezer JKT part 2. Right, Karl? Hello.. Karl?.. Lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video