So the past 2 days I've come to the website, I've been hit with a virus. The root site isn't weezer.com so I think it's advertisements, but you guys need to look into this. The virus is "exploit redkit exploit kit" or something like that.

Views: 651

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Incidentally that google safe browsing report now lists this:

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 4 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-01-22, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including rarechristianbooks.c(o)m/.

(i added the bracketon the com, just in case)

Smock said:

rarechristianbooks.c(o)m/.

on a side note, i think several people might be affected by this (other than those who have posted in this thread). over the last few weeks, i noticed in the activity feed that a few people had mentioned a virus on the site.

No real issues here  (mac/apple user). At least nothing out of the ordinary except for the missing banner on top. I don't have an antivirus anything so now I'm a bit nervous here....  

The one odd thing I do notice is that when I try to click on "suggestions/help" section on top under "forums"  it comes up as "our apologies- this page was not found". The only reason I saw this is because it came up on the side bar. Whats going on here? Is there someone at war with Weezer.com? <going to hide for cover>

i think that's been happening for a while. someone reported it ages ago - i guess it never got fixed. maybe this time...

Jumpin on the floor (natkat) said:

The one odd thing I do notice is that when I try to click on "suggestions/help" section on top under "forums"  it comes up as "our apologies- this page was not found". The only reason I saw this is because it came up on the side bar. Whats going on here? Is there someone at war with Weezer.com? <going to hide for cover>

That Google Safe Browsing message makes me wonder if maybe the issue is being caused by another site who shares the same hosting company?

The suggestions/help link should be easy to fix. The link URL just has an extra bit in it that needs to be removed: "http://weezer.com/forum/categories/suggestions-help-forum/listForCategory" (the highlighted "-forum" part shouldn't be in there).

Yea.. Firefox is telling me Weezer.com is an attack site now. You guys really need to fix this.

I stopped getting that message just now

G Foo Chombey said:

Yea.. Firefox is telling me Weezer.com is an attack site now. You guys really need to fix this.

I'm not getting the Symantec intrusion alerts when I come here anymore, but I do get the "attack site" message blocking me from accessing it through Firefox now.

The Google Safe Browsing site has ramped up its info about this page: http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site...

Interestingly it says:

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including riverscuomo.com/.

I knew that guy was up to no good

AF said:

Interestingly it says:

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including riverscuomo.com/.

hi guys - sorry about all this mess. In case the headers hosting location (riverscuomo.com) was an issue, i changed that. and the header is showing up for me fine now. i dont see the christiansignles thing now either. 

As of right now, can anyone see an issue - are you being warned, can anyone pinpoint any suspicious files or pages or anything? Ive got the ning people on this and they keep saying they need specific files to target the problem. I really hope the header now being hosted elsewhere is a step in the right direction....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video