Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like the good ol' days are gone. Weezer is corporate now. In my eyes anyway. :(

Amuro said:
This is so mental. I would expect ticket prices like this for like Elton John or something, where the bulk of the audience are rich sods who only go to one concert a year. This isn't providing a cool experience for fans, it is taking advantage of their devotion. I mean, its a venue, how exciting can a backstage tour be? A forced meeting and photo session with a band notorious for their awkwardness? Meeting fans/signing albums should be something a band sets out to do anyway, especially at a special event gig like this. Exclusive, crowd free MERCHANDISE SHOPPING - what the hell?!

For a show going back to old fan favourites, this concert seems completely out of touch. Sure the limited gift bag sounds cool, but a special t-shirt and lithograph should be the type of things on general sale at a concert. Again fans without tons of cash to spare are excluded, when, to me, the whole point of a concert should be to include all fans in the experience. The thought that you won't be able to get the best seats without shelling out hundreds of dollars is so wrong. I can't help but think back to seeing weezer in Manchester, UK, getting there early and being in the front row. Staying after the concert and meeting the band, getting pictures and my blue album sleeve signed. The band spent a long time meeting ALL the fans who had waited after that show, spending a little time talking to each one.

Now they are charging hundreds of dollars for what used to be a normal part of the concert experience?
I decided a long time ago to never pay over $50 for any concert...
insane! i thought the vip package for both nites would be at the very max $150-$200, but $500??! that is way too much for me =(
What does everything think a fair price for this VIP package should be? I think its funny how everyone steals music then turns around and complains about things such as this.
Artists dont make money the way they used to. The music industry in completely different from when these two magnificent albums came out. Personally, i like these packages and think its cool they are looking to interact with their fans.

this is a recording said:
unclebeetle said:
What does everything think a fair price for this VIP package should be? I think its funny how everyone steals music then turns around and complains about things such as this.

what's the relation between the two?
I agree and it is what it is but i love weezer so...
wow. what the fusdjflkajsdflsjdf;lkasjdf;ldsf :(
A happy idiot

j-biebs said:
lol, anyone who pays that much is an idiot.
ok. I'll let you know

j-biebs said:
until reality sinks in and you realize you just spent $500 to meet four guys who a) aren't anything special, b) don't really care about talking to you, and c) used to give out this kind of stuff to fans for free.

let us know how that turns out for you.

arena ready said:
A happy idiot

j-biebs said:
why so much negativity?

j-biebs said:
until reality sinks in and you realize you just spent $500 to meet four guys who a) aren't anything special, b) don't really care about talking to you, and c) used to give out this kind of stuff to fans for free.

arena ready said:
A happy idiot

j-biebs said:
That's what I was wondering! I got a VIP pass. I'm psyched and I told j-biebs that I would let him/her know "how it turns out" for me. All positive on my end amigo!

unclebeetle said:
why so much negativity?

j-biebs said:

arena ready said:
A happy idiot

j-biebs said:
That's what I like to hear. Have an awesome time and let us know how it goes, as will I, countin' down till the LA shows!

arena ready said:
That's what I was wondering! I got a VIP pass. I'm psyched and I told j-biebs that I would let him/her know "how it turns out" for me. All positive on my end amigo!

unclebeetle said:
why so much negativity?

j-biebs said:

arena ready said:
A happy idiot

j-biebs said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video