Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whoa. Tickets are $500 a person for this.
Those prices are INSANE
I'd do it lol
So Weezer is basically saying pay us $500 and you get a pit ticket, plus you'll get to do a bunch of cool stuff with us! Worse than ticket brokers. I'm completely disheartened.

OnlyinPinkerton said:
Those prices are INSANE
Put that in the wrong spot, oh well. You guys get it.

placemats said:
So Weezer is basically saying pay us $500 and you get a pit ticket, plus you'll get to do a bunch of cool stuff with us! Worse than ticket brokers. I'm completely disheartened.

OnlyinPinkerton said:
Those prices are INSANE
I will be VIP. end of story. I just HAVE to or I'll die :O
dude these prices are WAAAYY TOOOO MUCH.

the 295 should be for both vip nights. WEEZER LOWER YOUR PRICES
This is so mental. I would expect ticket prices like this for like Elton John or something, where the bulk of the audience are rich sods who only go to one concert a year. This isn't providing a cool experience for fans, it is taking advantage of their devotion. I mean, its a venue, how exciting can a backstage tour be? A forced meeting and photo session with a band notorious for their awkwardness? Meeting fans/signing albums should be something a band sets out to do anyway, especially at a special event gig like this. Exclusive, crowd free MERCHANDISE SHOPPING - what the hell?!

For a show going back to old fan favourites, this concert seems completely out of touch. Sure the limited gift bag sounds cool, but a special t-shirt and lithograph should be the type of things on general sale at a concert. Again fans without tons of cash to spare are excluded, when, to me, the whole point of a concert should be to include all fans in the experience. The thought that you won't be able to get the best seats without shelling out hundreds of dollars is so wrong. I can't help but think back to seeing weezer in Manchester, UK, getting there early and being in the front row. Staying after the concert and meeting the band, getting pictures and my blue album sleeve signed. The band spent a long time meeting ALL the fans who had waited after that show, spending a little time talking to each one.

Now they are charging hundreds of dollars for what used to be a normal part of the concert experience?
Me again, this has really rattled me.

Couldn't they have organised a pre-show event (the description of the pre-show party is very vague) where the band would be present, and signed albums/exclusive merch would be available. There could be weezer tribute bands, or a guest DJ set. Tickets to this could be sold separately and also entitled you to early access to the venue. At least then you would feel like your paying for a cool event in itself where you can meet the band if you want. I mean, how many people are going to actually get these VIP tickets? The pre-show party mentioned would be pretty lame if it's mainly people involved in the band and some random fans. Would be much cooler if it was an event loads of fans could go to so it would be like a great weezer party! The VIP scheme just really seems so exclusive of the majority of the fan base.
Well, here's hoping the VIP packages sell poorly and they eventually have to release the good seats to the non-VIPs. I wonder if ALL the seats in the first 10 rows are blocked off for this, or if we'll still have a chance in the presales
HOLY CRAP!!!! I wanted to get VIP package so much, but $300 for one night. I really can't exactly handle that. I might not be able to go at all.
No way I can afford this at ALL. Ever. $500 may as well be $1,000,000,000 for me. Oh well, I'll be watching from seats.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video