anyone voting tomorrow and/or willing to predict the outcome? i won't be voting for obvious reasons but i'm hoping/expecting an obama win. you?

how has the coverage of the election been in the US? i usually enjoy the media coverage of the US elections by UK/european media outlets way more than that for UK elections but it's seemed pretty subdued this time around so i'd be interested to know how it's played out in the US. i guess the last week or so has been overshadowed by the effects of sandy so it's a weird one.

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please don't vote for Romney. Please. PLEASE.

Oh God... the horror. THE HORROR. http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/ucsycybersmiley/102.gif

i agree in that i think it'll probably be quite close. that's the impression i get from the coverage over here, anyway.

boredwithweezer (Lewis) said:

At first I wasn't planning on voting because both candidates aren't very good. Obama has been a do nothing President for the past 4 years now and he hasn't done anything to improve things and instead of making things better he's made them worse. Oh, he's a big talker all right but he's like a snake oil salesman and that he wants you to hear what you want to hear from him. All I've heard are more empty promises instead of "hope and change". Everything has gone up ever since Obama came into office (gas, groceries, unemployment). When Bush was out of office, unemployment was 5.5% now it's 7.9% but it's down from 10% from a couple of years back.

Romney is planning on repealing Obamacare. Obama made a huge mistake when he started that since he's making people take health insurance whether they can afford it or not. But I don't know what's going to happen if Romney gets in, but I believe that Romney will win but not by very much. As a matter of fact, I think that it may be a repeat of what happened in 2000 with Bush and Gore and we don't hear who's President for several days.

Me and my mom are planning on voting for Romney, good, bad or indifferent.

Already voted for Obama.  Mailed in our ballots last week.

I wrote in Mayor McCheese ftw

Vote Libertarian if you dislike both of them equally, that way you're not supporting either but hindering one their chances of winning, depending on the greater amount Liberals or Conservatives leaning Libertarian this election year.

I vote Libertarian because I agree with the Libertarian viewpoints.  Not because I dislike the main two candidates equally.  My goal is to support what I believe, not hinder what I don't believe.  If only more people would realize that there are more than two names on the ballot........

I think this will be a really close election as well.  And like placemats, as an absentee voter I sent in my vote weeks ago. 

Indierocks said:

Vote Libertarian if you dislike both of them equally, that way you're not supporting either but hindering one their chances of winning, depending on the greater amount Liberals or Conservatives leaning Libertarian this election year.
I too support Libertarian view points, but I also realize that voting for someone who won't be elected is sort of like asking weezer to put your favorite songs on the set list. You know the chances of what you believe to be the better choice being chosen is slim at best, yet you still choose to voice your opinion. I'm simply giving more than one reason to vote Libertarian.
I predict a low turn out of voters in my area. Maybe if they double the voting booths as shower stalls with hot water there might be more of an incentive for ppl here to go out and vote.... I honestly don't know how this is going to go down here....

I think a third party vote will mainly be an attempt to secure 5% which gives parties access to federal funding

Indierocks said:

I too support Libertarian view points, but I also realize that voting for someone who won't be elected is sort of like asking weezer to put your favorite songs on the set list. You know the chances of what you believe to be the better choice being chosen is slim at best, yet you still choose to voice your opinion. I'm simply giving more than one reason to vote Libertarian.

it would be nice to get the 5% (although i think they need 6%...not sure) but that is not the reason i vote 3rd party and i dont think anyone else votes for that reason alone either.

Hedgey said:

I think a third party vote will mainly be an attempt to secure 5% which gives parties access to federal funding

Indierocks said:

I can't vote yet :'(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video