Turning Up the Radio came out awesome!  Probably won't ever do a video for this, but if there's a chance, well then read on.  I've got a concept that could be done on the cheap, yet still be cool.

The theme of this song is nostalgia and even has a line "You know we're gonna turn back time to the 80's."  What if you did a video paying homage to one of the most beloved movies from the 80's -- Back to the Future?

Remember the scene below in the gymnasium where Marty McFly tried out for the school dance with his band the "Pinheads?"


And remember Huey Lewis and those judges sitting in the folding chairs?



My concept for the video is to pay homage to this scene by having all 4 guys from Weezer play the role of judges.  The "bands" that the judges watch perform would be manned by the 15 people who contributed to the writing of the song through the "Let's Write a Sawng" project on Youtube.  It could be cool, cutting between shots of each contributor on stage, performing in front of Weezer.  


Then at the end Rivers could stand up with a megaphone saying "I'm afraid you're just too darn loud."


Back to the Future just came out on Bluray on Oct 26th because it's the 25 year anniversary of the movie.  I bet Universal would be up for making a tie-in where you could "virally market" this album and Back to the Future all with this same video.


What do you think?


Tags: a, back, death, false, future, let's, metal, music, radio, sawng, More…the, to, turning, up, video, write, youtube

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that would be great, i love back to the future and i love weezer. I think it would be a really good idea
Haha awesome idea.
That would rule.
This would be sweet! But I don't expect a single or music video to be released from this album.
I think it's a great idea but considering how one of my videos during the "Let's Write a Sawng" project featured scenes from Back to the Future, I would like to be compensated well for my great idea. (har, har)... also if it was a straight up homage to BTTF they may have to pay them for the rights unless they use that wonderful world "parody."

In which case it would be perfectly legal. I do actually think this is a really cool idea, but I doubt they have money in the budget to make a video like that for DTFM. But then again, you could probably film "judges" during a battle of the bands contest on the cheap yourself if they were motivated to do so.

It would be pretty cool. I actually love this idea.
Can we involve time travel in this video some way?
They should just get Michael J. Fox to star in it lol.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
I think it's a great idea but considering how one of my videos during the "Let's Write a Sawng" project featured scenes from Back to the Future, I would like to be compensated well for my great idea. (har, har)... also if it was a straight up homage to BTTF they may have to pay them for the rights unless they use that wonderful world "parody."

In which case it would be perfectly legal. I do actually think this is a really cool idea, but I doubt they have money in the budget to make a video like that for DTFM. But then again, you could probably film "judges" during a battle of the bands contest on the cheap yourself if they were motivated to do so.

It would be pretty cool. I actually love this idea.
Would never happen. If this did happen it would probably be a more loose parody and not reference BTTF in any way besides execution and maybe the "too loud" line or something. I doubt a music video will even be made for it, but it would be cool and this idea does lend to many of the contributors getting to be in it in a cool way... however there's a lot of complications there, like getting them all in the same place. Perhaps not all of them can afford to fly to L.A. or wherever this would be shot and blah blah blah.

Still like the idea!


elscorcho said:
They should just get Michael J. Fox to star in it lol.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
I think it's a great idea but considering how one of my videos during the "Let's Write a Sawng" project featured scenes from Back to the Future, I would like to be compensated well for my great idea. (har, har)... also if it was a straight up homage to BTTF they may have to pay them for the rights unless they use that wonderful world "parody."

In which case it would be perfectly legal. I do actually think this is a really cool idea, but I doubt they have money in the budget to make a video like that for DTFM. But then again, you could probably film "judges" during a battle of the bands contest on the cheap yourself if they were motivated to do so.

It would be pretty cool. I actually love this idea.
Yeah that's a great idea
i love this idea. i hope rivers reads this.
I'm down :)

legendofchin97 said:
i love this idea. i hope rivers reads this.


songsforsongs said:
I'm down :)

legendofchin97 said:
i love this idea. i hope rivers reads this.

Right on!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video