stepp - isn't that the guy from creed?

did not know he posted here.

i believe it is now...

edgey44 said:
is this a creed thread?

danger is my speciality [berry] said:

stepp - isn't that the guy from creed?

did not know he posted here.

Creed's origins lie in 1993 in Tallahassee, Florida. Founding members, vocalist Scott Stapp and guitarist Mark Tremonti had been classmates in high school and friends at Florida State University. Upon reuniting, Stapp and Tremonti realized that they had a mutual love for writing music and performing. After several discussions and times spent writing songs, many of which addressed themes of Christian theology and spirituality due to Stapp's religious background as the stepson of a Pentecostal dentist, the duo held auditions which led to the recruitment of bassist Brian Marshall and drummer Scott Phillips to complete the quartet. Originally known as Naked Toddler, the band changed its name to Creed at Marshall's suggestion, after a band Marshall had previously played for called Maddox Creed. Brian Brasher was also briefly a member in 1995 when the band was known as Naked Toddler. These five musicians had already written and collaborated four of the songs that would go on to become tracks on Creed's chart-topping debut album, My Own Prison. The band found local success and began to play shows in bars and small venues throughout Tallahassee. 

*fixed.

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:

Creed's origins lie in 1993 in Tallahassee, Florida. Founding members, vocalist David J Stepp and guitarist Mark Tremonti had been classmates in high school and friends at Florida State University. Upon reuniting, Stepp and Tremonti realized that they had a mutual love for writing music and performing. After several discussions and times spent writing songs, many of which addressed themes of Christian theology and spirituality due to Stepp's religious background as the stepson of a Pentecostal dentist, the duo held auditions which led to the recruitment of bassist Brian Marshall and drummer Scott Phillips to complete the quartet. Originally known as Naked Toddler, the band changed its name to Creed at Marshall's suggestion, after a band Marshall had previously played for called Maddox Creed. Brian Brasher was also briefly a member in 1995 when the band was known as Naked Toddler. These five musicians had already written and collaborated four of the songs that would go on to become tracks on Creed's chart-topping debut album, My Own Prison. The band found local success and began to play shows in bars and small venues throughout Tallahassee. 

Happy Birthday!

I did not expect the Creed comparison at all.  Well played!

Thanks everyone!

danger is my speciality [berry] said:
*fixed.

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:

Creed's origins lie in 1993 in Tallahassee, Florida. Founding members, vocalist David J Stepp and guitarist Mark Tremonti had been classmates in high school and friends at Florida State University. Upon reuniting, Stepp and Tremonti realized that they had a mutual love for writing music and performing. After several discussions and times spent writing songs, many of which addressed themes of Christian theology and spirituality due to Stepp's religious background as the stepson of a Pentecostal dentist, the duo held auditions which led to the recruitment of bassist Brian Marshall and drummer Scott Phillips to complete the quartet. Originally known as Naked Toddler, the band changed its name to Creed at Marshall's suggestion, after a band Marshall had previously played for called Maddox Creed. Brian Brasher was also briefly a member in 1995 when the band was known as Naked Toddler. These five musicians had already written and collaborated four of the songs that would go on to become tracks on Creed's chart-topping debut album, My Own Prison. The band found local success and began to play shows in bars and small venues throughout Tallahassee. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video