Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone would like to check out the cover of "Tired Of Sex" I recorded and mixed over last night and this morning. I changed the title and the lyric because I do not believe in multiple sexual partners, nor sexual promiscuity. I want the new lyric to suggest that I am tired of making friends with girls rather than being able to find my true love...of course "I know I'm a sinner but I can't say no" doesn't really make all that much sense now...but oh well.

I recorded this using a Line 6 toneport and its software gearbox, acid pro, and ezdrummer. I made the whole thing in my bedroom. I listened to the real song to try and make my drums close though there are various things I didn't put in, either because they were too complicated for me to program or because I didn't want to spend three weeks on the drum track.

I am intending to record a whole album called "Simpleton" to share with people for free. It will be a full cover of Pinkerton, though I will alter any lyrics whenever I feel I do not want to say what was originally said. I hope y'all don't hate on me too much for doing that.

I don't know how Weezer and whoever holds all the copyrights feels about all of this. But I will keep it up until they ask me to stop. Everything is free so I don't see it hurting them.

Okay, enough rambling, check out my recording here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74SyRyhbU4I

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks on the solo comment. I am not very good at solos and I want to improve. The tab version of this one is more complicated and I kinda tried to fake it. I wasn't quite satisfied with it but couldn't get a better take.
It's funny that you posted this - because I, too, was thinking of making my own version of this song. Only I was going to call mine "Tired of Not Having Sex."
haha i actually think you're really good at guitar and those drums are programmed fantastically. but why not WRITE some songs dude! i'd jam with you.

but also, don't change lyrics... I'm a Christian but this is pretty lame.
that's not so good Al...
I actually do write songs. I have a bunch on facebook.com/philiptaylorjr and some on youtube under the name "Quatro Stinko", the same account that this "video" is on.

legendofchin97 said:
haha i actually think you're really good at guitar and those drums are programmed fantastically. but why not WRITE some songs dude! i'd jam with you.

but also, don't change lyrics... I'm a Christian but this is pretty lame.
well, glad we could agree.

Philip Taylor Jr. said:
Yeah, that guy sucks.
Actually I believe he's saying "I could die as Rivers Cuomo's guitar rings" but my ears could be off. I hate those little emos and their disregard for embarrassment when it comes to expressing their feelings. Gag!

this is a brocording said:
i think we need to revisit this kid.

Pinkerton
You are the one
You are everything to me
Pinkerton
So well done
You pulled on my every string.

And I will cry
As Rivers Cuomo sings
And I will cry
As Rivers Cuomo's guitar rings
You said goodbye way too fast
But in my heart these days will last

Pinkerton
Second to none
My deserted island choice CD
Pinkerton
You are the one
Thousand times lost my voice to thee
how can you guys be making fun of a kid with such magnificent hair?
That's interesting to say considering how Pinkerton is a bleeding heart, deeply personal, vulnerable, emo and angry album all at once and conveys more emotion then any other Weezer record. Wouldn't writing a tribute song to everyone's favourite Weezer album feed off this?

The emotion of Pinkerton is one of it's greatest strength's IMO.

Philip Taylor Jr. said:
Actually I believe he's saying "I could die as Rivers Cuomo's guitar rings" but my ears could be off. I hate those little emos and their disregard for embarrassment when it comes to expressing their feelings. Gag!

this is a brocording said:
i think we need to revisit this kid.

Pinkerton
You are the one
You are everything to me
Pinkerton
So well done
You pulled on my every string.

And I will cry
As Rivers Cuomo sings
And I will cry
As Rivers Cuomo's guitar rings
You said goodbye way too fast
But in my heart these days will last

Pinkerton
Second to none
My deserted island choice CD
Pinkerton
You are the one
Thousand times lost my voice to thee
poor kid... the world is harsh. unforgiving if you will.

i'm sure RC wrote a lot of bad songs around your age... lucky he didn't post them on the internet ;.)

your talent might shine through one day.
I'm not sure which way you're going with this on your opinion of what I said, so for the record I was being sarcastic, though I figured it obvious.

Wake Phillips said:
That's interesting to say considering how Pinkerton is a bleeding heart, deeply personal, vulnerable, emo and angry album all at once and conveys more emotion then any other Weezer record. Wouldn't writing a tribute song to everyone's favourite Weezer album feed off this?

The emotion of Pinkerton is one of it's greatest strength's IMO.
My day is coming...

Dungeon Master said:
poor kid... the world is harsh. unforgiving if you will.

i'm sure RC wrote a lot of bad songs around your age... lucky he didn't post them on the internet ;.)

your talent might shine through one day.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video