Now that Hurley is out, what do you guys think of how the band has changed and is changing?

Do you think they're doing better or worse?

What do you think is going to happen to them within the next for years or in other words what do you see happening to their music in the next 1, 2, or 3 albums?

Tags: album, albums, direction, future, going, is, on, thoughts, weezer, where

Views: 582

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
I don't know where they're going, but I know they'll figure it out.
They are doing a lot of good music. Even though it's different then when they started. Both styles are amazing and they can't go anywhere but up from this. As well you can see how they don't forget about their earlier work, hence the memories tour.
Well all very interesting points of view but for me Raditude was the best Weezer album. It was well produced, had great songs and flowed really well. I'd have swapped Turn Me Round for Prettiest Girl and then it would have been perfect but hey ho.

Hurley is nowhere near as good but Smart Girls is great. Memories is a bit close to The Strokes but JUST manages to avoid being a total copy. I think Time Flies is by far the best song on the album - sublime.
Not sure if serious...



Ross Thomas said:
Well all very interesting points of view but for me Raditude was the best Weezer album. It was well produced, had great songs and flowed really well. I'd have swapped Turn Me Round for Prettiest Girl and then it would have been perfect but hey ho.

Hurley is nowhere near as good but Smart Girls is great. Memories is a bit close to The Strokes but JUST manages to avoid being a total copy. I think Time Flies is by far the best song on the album - sublime.
I think he might be...

Marc said:
Not sure if serious...



Ross Thomas said:
Well all very interesting points of view but for me Raditude was the best Weezer album. It was well produced, had great songs and flowed really well. I'd have swapped Turn Me Round for Prettiest Girl and then it would have been perfect but hey ho.

Hurley is nowhere near as good but Smart Girls is great. Memories is a bit close to The Strokes but JUST manages to avoid being a total copy. I think Time Flies is by far the best song on the album - sublime.
Yeah

j-biebs said:
really?

elscorcho said:
I think he might be...

Marc said:
Not sure if serious...



Ross Thomas said:
Well all very interesting points of view but for me Raditude was the best Weezer album. It was well produced, had great songs and flowed really well. I'd have swapped Turn Me Round for Prettiest Girl and then it would have been perfect but hey ho.

Hurley is nowhere near as good but Smart Girls is great. Memories is a bit close to The Strokes but JUST manages to avoid being a total copy. I think Time Flies is by far the best song on the album - sublime.


Yes I was serious haha - I honestly think it's a great album - it's Rivers trying to make the ultimate party album and it's a great fun record - still Weezer - but trying to be insanely commercial.

There's something to like on every Weezer album but I think the worst so far was Red which was a case of band democracy gone mad. Even so it did contain Pork and Beans and Troublemaker. Miss Sweeney was a great outtake.

I can't understand why a lot of people here really hate the new stuff so much, songs like Miss Sweeney, Prettiest Girl etc are pure Weezer - noone else could have made those songs. I Want To Be Something for example is pure Weezer and could have been on Pinkteron for sure.

I just feel sorry for everyone who can't get past the 90's stuff

elscorcho said:
Yeah

j-biebs said:
really?

elscorcho said:
I think he might be...

Marc said:
Not sure if serious...



Ross Thomas said:
Well all very interesting points of view but for me Raditude was the best Weezer album. It was well produced, had great songs and flowed really well. I'd have swapped Turn Me Round for Prettiest Girl and then it would have been perfect but hey ho.

Hurley is nowhere near as good but Smart Girls is great. Memories is a bit close to The Strokes but JUST manages to avoid being a total copy. I think Time Flies is by far the best song on the album - sublime.
Wait just a minute here! Are you seriously Discussing Weezer, and their Music? That is not allowed in this thread! THIS BELONGS IN ALL THINGS WEEZER!!!
I'm just happy Weezer is still active: playing shows, making music, and releasing old unreleased stuff. Who is anyone to criticize? I love Weezer just like I love Kiss or Rush. They all put out new stuff that I may or may not buy, but they can play their classic stuff live like nobody's business. Rivers now has this awesome stage presence. When a band is having fun, it makes them all the more fun to watch and listen to. So as long as they're having fun, I don't care what they release, as long as they keep in the game. We have Blue. We have Pinkerton. And I'd be sad if their other stuff didn't exist. Don't look a gift weezer in the mouth!
Prettiest Girl was written well before Weezer returned and started making fools of themselves and their old fans.

Raditude is trash. You're allowed to have bad taste, you just need to recognize that's all it is. Raditude is indefensibly bad in all respects. It deserved to fail miserably. It's funny too, because the failure of Pinkerton turned Rivers into a shadow of himself as a songwriter, but the failure of Raditude just resulted in Hurley, which still sucks.

"I want to be something" belongs nowhere near Pinkerton. It would not fit AT ALL. Once again, taste...you're clearly lacking it.







Ross Thomas said:


Yes I was serious haha - I honestly think it's a great album - it's Rivers trying to make the ultimate party album and it's a great fun record - still Weezer - but trying to be insanely commercial.

There's something to like on every Weezer album but I think the worst so far was Red which was a case of band democracy gone mad. Even so it did contain Pork and Beans and Troublemaker. Miss Sweeney was a great outtake.

I can't understand why a lot of people here really hate the new stuff so much, songs like Miss Sweeney, Prettiest Girl etc are pure Weezer - noone else could have made those songs. I Want To Be Something for example is pure Weezer and could have been on Pinkteron for sure.

I just feel sorry for everyone who can't get past the 90's stuff

elscorcho said:
Yeah

j-biebs said:
really?

elscorcho said:
I think he might be...

Marc said:
Not sure if serious...



Ross Thomas said:
Well all very interesting points of view but for me Raditude was the best Weezer album. It was well produced, had great songs and flowed really well. I'd have swapped Turn Me Round for Prettiest Girl and then it would have been perfect but hey ho.

Hurley is nowhere near as good but Smart Girls is great. Memories is a bit close to The Strokes but JUST manages to avoid being a total copy. I think Time Flies is by far the best song on the album - sublime.


BackToSchool said:
Prettiest Girl was written well before Weezer returned and started making fools of themselves and their old fans.

Raditude is trash. You're allowed to have bad taste, you just need to recognize that's all it is. Raditude is indefensibly bad in all respects. It deserved to fail miserably. It's funny too, because the failure of Pinkerton turned Rivers into a shadow of himself as a songwriter, but the failure of Raditude just resulted in Hurley, which still sucks.

"I want to be something" belongs nowhere near Pinkerton. It would not fit AT ALL. Once again, taste...you're clearly lacking it.

It's funny that you think your opinion weighs more than Ross Thomas' opinion.
It's more sad than funny that you have to be so rude about it.
I don't think he was being necessarily rude about it. BTS is just staunch in his views. Believe it or not, he is not the only one with that sentiment.



Sovereign Andy said:


BackToSchool said:
Prettiest Girl was written well before Weezer returned and started making fools of themselves and their old fans.

Raditude is trash. You're allowed to have bad taste, you just need to recognize that's all it is. Raditude is indefensibly bad in all respects. It deserved to fail miserably. It's funny too, because the failure of Pinkerton turned Rivers into a shadow of himself as a songwriter, but the failure of Raditude just resulted in Hurley, which still sucks.

"I want to be something" belongs nowhere near Pinkerton. It would not fit AT ALL. Once again, taste...you're clearly lacking it.

It's funny that you think your opinion weighs more than Ross Thomas' opinion.
It's more sad than funny that you have to be so rude about it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video