Now that Hurley is out, what do you guys think of how the band has changed and is changing?

Do you think they're doing better or worse?

What do you think is going to happen to them within the next for years or in other words what do you see happening to their music in the next 1, 2, or 3 albums?

Tags: album, albums, direction, future, going, is, on, thoughts, weezer, where

Views: 581

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess not since you just bumped the thread.

Maxwell Roahrig said:
People are still going on about this? Hasn't everything been said at this point?
It was the "Rivers Correspondence Board". It was an invite-only message board run by two infamous morons named Asschun and Queero McGayguy. A poster named "Ridd" who used to be one of the admins at the .com was also involved.

A lot of it consisted of Rivers insulting old fans and saying that Blue/Pink were terrible records. There's more to the story than you'll be able to find on the stuff that's been archived (which represents only a fraction of the total dialog), but I imagine a lot of it has been lost. I remember it quite well though.

Anyway do a google search of "Rivers Correspondence Board/RCB" and you'll be able to find some of it.

elscorcho said:
What's this RCB stuff? I want to read it.
Marc said:
BTS-

I took your advice and read the archives from RCB which I hadn't read in eons. Holy sh*t, while I appreciate that Ace was accessible and open to fans, I absolutely would have been totally turned off by his attitude and by, in so many words, scoffing at fans who loved Blue/Pinkerton and were lukewarm on Green/Mally. I'm not sure if he was in a bad place at the time or what. One could assume that his view on Blue/Pinkerton has changed in light of the Memories Tour, yes? What say you?
Yep, it was pretty much Rivers mocking people for loving Blue/Pinkerton, more or less. Weird dynamic reading people defending those two records to Rivers. Makes for good reading when you're bored.

BackToSchool said:
It was the "Rivers Correspondence Board". It was an invite-only message board run by two infamous morons named Asschun and Queero McGayguy. A poster named "Ridd" who used to be one of the admins at the .com was also involved.

A lot of it consisted of Rivers insulting old fans and saying that Blue/Pink were terrible records. There's more to the story than you'll be able to find on the stuff that's been archived (which represents only a fraction of the total dialog), but I imagine a lot of it has been lost. I remember it quite well though.

Anyway do a google search of "Rivers Correspondence Board/RCB" and you'll be able to find some of it.

elscorcho said:
Marc said:
BTS-

I took your advice and read the archives from RCB which I hadn't read in eons. Holy sh*t, while I appreciate that Ace was accessible and open to fans, I absolutely would have been totally turned off by his attitude and by, in so many words, scoffing at fans who loved Blue/Pinkerton and were lukewarm on Green/Mally. I'm not sure if he was in a bad place at the time or what. One could assume that his view on Blue/Pinkerton has changed in light of the Memories Tour, yes? What say you?
I couldn't find any of the stuff where Rivers was bashing the first two albums. I'll keep looking though. It still seems like a pretty cool process to be a part of.

Marc said:
Yep, it was pretty much Rivers mocking people for loving Blue/Pinkerton, more or less. Weird dynamic reading people defending those two records to Rivers. Makes for good reading when you're bored.

BackToSchool said:

elscorcho said:
Marc said:
BTS-

elscorcho:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/ridd2/rcbthreads.html

click on the "you need to read this" thread
Thanks!

Marc said:
elscorcho:

Holy. S***.

Marc said:
elscorcho:

Opened my eyes to a few things...
Part of me wants to say this guy isn't really Rivers. But I know it is.

Marc said:
Anyone screaming for this band to go back to their original sound only needs to read those comments. My expectations have changed significantly. It is what it is..

elscorcho said:
Part me wants to say this guy isn't really Rivers. But I know it is.

Marc said:
Well, obviously his attitude towards Blue and Pinkerton have changed, given the Memories Tour.

Marc said:
Anyone screaming for this band to go back to their original sound only needs to read those comments. My expectations have changed significantly. It is what it is..

elscorcho said:

Marc said:
It was never really about expectations for me. They'll never go back. But I'm not going to pretend that's not majorly disappointing. I don't mind them going different directions, I just want good results. And I am 100% convinced that the last 6 albums are crap.

Marc said:

elscorcho said:

Marc said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service