Now that Hurley is out, what do you guys think of how the band has changed and is changing?

Do you think they're doing better or worse?

What do you think is going to happen to them within the next for years or in other words what do you see happening to their music in the next 1, 2, or 3 albums?

Tags: album, albums, direction, future, going, is, on, thoughts, weezer, where

Views: 581

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed! I was listening to the brilliance of Queen of Earth, the Organ Player and that same thought came to mind?
"Drugs" is the WORST SONG...even worse than "Love is the answer". Keep fishin' on the very, very first demo with its very slow chugging pace was completely original. I loved that version, and the more they tinkered the more slick and worse it got? Who in their right mind would put Parytin' on a Cd and not put MO Beats on? I am not a huge Mo Beats fan by any stretch, but Partyin' is just horrible as well.

Is it the guitar feedback so prevalent on Pinkerton? The actual lyrics that have meaning? The actual pain instead of the faux pain peddled on some of the later tracks???
Another AGREE! The guy never wants to feel the embarrassment of another Pinkerton?

I ask again, what will Maladroit, Red, or Hurley really influence? So many bands spawned from the Blue/Pink sound/era/style and only Phantom Planet on their 2nd to last album approached the genius of either.

I put every CD Weezer put on random song play today and the difference musically in Pink and everything else is light years different. It is like hearing "more than a feeling" and then hearing Smells like Teen Spirit....

It almost reminds me of how bad Bush got when they did the "Science of things" and then came back with Golden State for their real fans...I wish Rivers would toss us a bone.

The fact that they are going to tour and only play Pink and Blue points to what he knows...

Can you imagine him sitting in his 'blacked' out room, breaking down Oasis, Cobain, And Brian Wilson and then coming up with Heart Songs, Love is the Answer, Beverly Hills, Drugs, or American Gigolo or Smart Girls and thinking...wow...now that is the formula???

BTSchool, your thoughts on what Matt did with Return of the Rentals and how he took the basic sound of Pink and SFTBH, and made ROTR? All of his stuff except his excellent solo record uses heavy moog/syth...
Here's my whole thing about Matt...I never actually liked him. I thought he was a total doof in their videos and his onstage presence kind of always annoyed me- the way he acted during the M and C tribute pissed me off. But I loved his falsetto and his bass tone, especially on Pinkerton. He also provides a lot of crucial energy on that album, even if the whole claim that he deserved 25% of the writing credits was patently false.

I never liked the Rentals all that much either, because I don't like Matt's lead vocals or his songwriting. But ROTR is definitely better than any of the last 5 Weezer albums, even if Rivers as a melody writer totally outclasses Matt.

And yeah, the pop formula thing blows my mind...especially that it resulted in "Heart Songs" and "American Gigolo"....ugh!
I would really enjoy another album that flirts with what they were doing on Maladroit. I used to love defending that album on the old boards. Sigh...
It's not the amount of time that elapses, it's your age. You don't "get" the album because it's not for people your age. When you get older and have some real life experience, you will appreciate that album far more than you do now.
Um.. I would just like to point out that I got Pinkerton when I was 13, and I fell in love with it immediately. Since that is a younger age than this guy is now (?), I'm not really sure what that does to the argument.... just sayin'.
this going nowhere.... gonna go listen to hurley or blue or whatever, i need some weezer music

buh-bye
"It's like getting really drunk at a party and spilling your guts in front of everyone. "
Pay attention to that statement. Not doing stupid things, but spilling your guts. You have probably noticed that people get drunk, lose their inhibitions, and make incredibly honest statements that they'd never dream of saying out loud when they're sober. People are very honest when they are drunk. And Pinkerton is a very honest album. In fact, even when I started listening as a teenager, I knew "this guy" I was listening to was telling me all kinds of awesome secrets. That was part of the reason I loved it so much.
same here, I LOVE PINKERTON, but I could say the same with every other Weezer album.
i dont care..i still enjoy the music..geek never die
You don't, obviously- you're clamoring for more Red. You're the part of the Weezer contingent that thinks every dumb thing they do is ironic and cool. Sweet, bro.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video