They recently debuted a new song titled "Back To The Shack", which will most likely be on their new album, what do you all think of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeZeb6stV0c

Tags: 2014, Album, Cruise, New, Song, Weezer

Views: 2016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Weezer's style has never really been their biggest problem (apart from raditude) and it's the same with the melodies they create. If you take away the lyrics this track isnt completely terrible but it does just sound the same as hurley (which isn't really a compliment).
Hugh Lovric said:

What do you think of the actual music though?

Indiekid said:

No, anyone who thinks this sounds any better than red/rad/hurley is kidding themselves.

The lyrics sound like they were written by a 12 year old, and that has been Rivers' problem for the past 10 years.

Raditude was the best album ever

Indiekid said:

Weezer's style has never really been their biggest problem (apart from raditude) and it's the same with the melodies they create. If you take away the lyrics this track isnt completely terrible but it does just sound the same as hurley (which isn't really a compliment).
Hugh Lovric said:

What do you think of the actual music though?

Indiekid said:

No, anyone who thinks this sounds any better than red/rad/hurley is kidding themselves.

The lyrics sound like they were written by a 12 year old, and that has been Rivers' problem for the past 10 years.

Oh my, I want to like this. Maybe Ric can set them straight in the studio. Fingers crossed...

It has definitely grown on me.

the best thing about raditude is sidney.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdneely/2850280739/in/photostream/

Margaret's Horsey [Jupiter 80] said:

Raditude was the best album ever

Indiekid said:

Weezer's style has never really been their biggest problem (apart from raditude) and it's the same with the melodies they create. If you take away the lyrics this track isnt completely terrible but it does just sound the same as hurley (which isn't really a compliment).
Hugh Lovric said:

What do you think of the actual music though?

Indiekid said:

No, anyone who thinks this sounds any better than red/rad/hurley is kidding themselves.

The lyrics sound like they were written by a 12 year old, and that has been Rivers' problem for the past 10 years.

time to ditch the =w= avatar, indielocks.

Indierocks said:

Oh my, I want to like this. Maybe Ric can set them straight in the studio. Fingers crossed...
This tune really grew on me, everything outside the chorus at least.

I really enjoy the verses and the overall sound of the track.

I completely agree! Definitely gives us something to look forward to. I wonder how how weird it was to have fans singing along with the song by the second time they played it? ;)  =w= <3

Natkat said:

I think this was more for the fans and that's why they played it on the ship... Its a fun song and seems to point in the direction they are going. I'm very excited to hear what they have in store
It got me pumped up :)

If this does in fact mean a new record then I hope it means a new tour because I haven't seen these guys in oh so long. And while they have been touring it's been quite sporadic it seems like. I live in the midwest and haven't seen them in a few years. Having withdrawals. 

It sounds like Hurley to me, which is not necessarily a compliment or insult. It's not their worst, but definitely is not a return to their original sound. To be fair though, the song is about returning to the original dynamic, not claiming to be the actual return, so maybe everything after this will be more what we're looking for.

The melody and chords are pretty simple, though it's good to hear a guitar solo again. It's pretty weak lyrically. Rivers really needs to start using some symbolism again.

Regardless I what it sounds like we all know that we'll buy the new album. Face it, we're hooked.

I saw Weezer perform "Back to the Shack" last week in concert and it was simply amazing! The energy of the crowd was unreal and Rivers did indeed say "new single" for those questioning. If I had to compare it to any of their previous albums I would put it in the Hurley category, but honestly why is everyone so obsessed with what it sounds like or what it doesn't sound like!? (blue, pinkerton) Just learn to accept it because WEEZER IS THE BESTTTTTTT. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video