They recently debuted a new song titled "Back To The Shack", which will most likely be on their new album, what do you all think of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeZeb6stV0c

Tags: 2014, Album, Cruise, New, Song, Weezer

Views: 2124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a second version, you can hear the vocals much better on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxo5gsVwVI8

Lyrically, it sounds like newer Weezer, say "Memories".  Musically, it sounds much more along the lines of Maladroit, which certainly isn't a bad thing.  I love Maladroit.  So, if this is any indication of the new direction, I would say I'm very optimistic.  I think Hurley was a step in the right direction, after Raditude, and this new sound may very well be a return to form.  By return to form, I don't mean a re-hash of Blue or Pinkerton, but an album that is rock-centric like pretty much everything through Red. 

Thanks for the link! and I definitely agree with you, I just have high expectations of their new album.

GuitarGuyTim said:

Here's a second version, you can hear the vocals much better on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxo5gsVwVI8

Lyrically, it sounds like newer Weezer, say "Memories".  Musically, it sounds much more along the lines of Maladroit, which certainly isn't a bad thing.  I love Maladroit.  So, if this is any indication of the new direction, I would say I'm very optimistic.  I think Hurley was a step in the right direction, after Raditude, and this new sound may very well be a return to form.  By return to form, I don't mean a re-hash of Blue or Pinkerton, but an album that is rock-centric like pretty much everything through Red. 

weezer fans never learn, do they.

Oh... We learned to watch out for Jesus XD

big baby jesus said:

weezer fans never learn, do they.

I think the song is good. It's direct, sincere, playful, and it rocks. But really, it's weak sauce to keep categorizing every song they put out. It either turns you on, or it doesn't. When it doesn't, I'm usually inclined to rip whatever song that doesn't captivate me into a thousand pieces. But unless that criticism is constructive, and makes me learn more about the intricacies of music, then I'm just screaming into a void. It's really unfair to ask of Weezer to reach the level of Blue or especially Pinkerton. For me, anything Rivers does is guaranteed to make me smile. So sure, "Back to the Shack" isn't one of the best songs I've ever heard, but that doesn't mean it's not good.

I'm not hugely into it but it's alright. I think it's a pretty okay song for what it is but I think Rivers and company can do better than this. I've never been one for self-referential lyrics and this song is chock-full of them. I really enjoy the bridge.

I think this was more for the fans and that's why they played it on the ship... Its a fun song and seems to point in the direction they are going. I'm very excited to hear what they have in store
It got me pumped up :)

I can't believe I actually expected something half decent when I clicked on this thread.

Then I saw it was called "Back to the Shack".

Hmmm...are you a half empty kind of guy?

No, anyone who thinks this sounds any better than red/rad/hurley is kidding themselves.

The lyrics sound like they were written by a 12 year old, and that has been Rivers' problem for the past 10 years.

What do you think of the actual music though?

Indiekid said:

No, anyone who thinks this sounds any better than red/rad/hurley is kidding themselves.

The lyrics sound like they were written by a 12 year old, and that has been Rivers' problem for the past 10 years.

are lyrics not part of actual music?

Hugh Lovric said:

What do you think of the actual music though?

Indiekid said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video