I brought the album yeasterday and I am really pleased with it, I love the sound of the drums and I never realised that Pat was so good at bass. It was also good to hear old SG songs on that album in a new style. I really wish that there will be a tour in support of the album, but the only bad thing is that Pat did everything himself so there isn't really a band in SG at the moment, but hopefully he will assemlbe some musicians and go on tour :)

Tags: May, Pat, SG, new, tour

Views: 383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really like the sound of the record and enjoy the songs "It's Only Natural" and "Sun off the Sea" but it's really very samey and I get tired of it after a few songs. I'm glad he's doing something new though.

I know what you mean and "Nowhere" is my favourite on the album.

Gohi said:

I really like the sound of the record and enjoy the songs "It's Only Natural" and "Sun off the Sea" but it's really very samey and I get tired of it after a few songs. I'm glad he's doing something new though.

I dig it thoroughly. "It's Only Natural" is probably my favorite at the moment. It's definitely a departure from previous TSG, but I'm glad he got the sound he was aiming for.

Interview re: album:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/weezers-patrick-wilson-retur...

this album is boring.  I am disappointed in it, especially since Land, Air, Sea was so awesome.  Listening to it again while I work.  Maybe I'll pick up on something I missed before.

Cool article, have you heard the original version of "It's Only Natural" that they played on their 1999 and 2000 tour?.

Ali [mutantmanifesto] said:

I dig it thoroughly. "It's Only Natural" is probably my favorite at the moment. It's definitely a departure from previous TSG, but I'm glad he got the sound he was aiming for.

Yup, I have. I actually prefer this version. More cohesive. I love the payoff moment in this one, as well. I dunno, I guess I just dig the vibe of the album entirely. I think it shows off Pat's ability to produce something that isn't typical weezer-y alt rock. Plus, it seems like he really enjoyed making this one, so more power to him.

Hugh Lovric said:

Cool article, have you heard the original version of "It's Only Natural" that they played on their 1999 and 2000 tour?.

Ali [mutantmanifesto] said:

I kinda hoped that other people would have performed on the album so it wouldn't have just been Pat, but he has done a very good job on the album and I only wish that they gon on tour like they did in 1999 and 2000 because that seemed amazing.

Lewis Digges said:

I enjoyed the album a whole lot. I liked Nowhere, The Diamond, Head On/Head Out and Sun Off of the Sea the best and Pat's new versions of Reason To Worry (originally on Pinecone), It's Only Natural (originally on the EP of Life Goes By) and There Is A Book (It's All In This Book from the first Special Goodness album) a lot since these songs aren't readily available in their original forms on CD.

I wished that the album would have been longer than 32 minutes though. Pat should have included his cover of Los Angeles that he debuted on the Weezer tour and at least another song (cover or a song from way back that Pat wrote)

From the Rolling Stone interview, I felt like that Pat got tired of touring with The Special Goodness as a group and wanted to do something by himself for a change. I don't know whether or not it's because Pat's older now and doesn't have time for the type of tours that The Special Goodness were involved in in the first place (touring in different states, touring in a van, eating at fast food resturants, etc.) and sort of got tired of that. Maybe Pat could do some acoustic shows since he wants to be by himself as a solo act rather than being in a group setting and touring like he did before.

But if Pat does decide to tour The Special Goodness as a group again perhaps he could use Scott on bass and Josh on drums and they could travel by jet instead of a van.

Lewis' assumptions are always hilarious

Pat needs to make this a physical release and or go on tour with this (even if it's just small shows).......

Definitely.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

Pat needs to make this a physical release and or go on tour with this (even if it's just small shows).......

I love the vibe on the cd. It's Only Natural and Reason To Worry are great and the rest of the cd is pretty cool to.

Here's my review of Natural (CLICK ME!)

Also, did anyone know that our own mutantmanifesto aka Ali Bromberg did the cover artwork for this amazing album?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video