a brave new world of corporate sponsorship.

this thread brought to you by izod.

Tags: we'll sell anything

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's the point of a discussion if we agree to disagree?  I don't think this forum would exist.  I'm very much enjoying this discussion.  If it's becoming a bit too hectic, I'll stop.  However, I promise I'm only debating with fluck.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
How about agreeing to disagree? You think this isn't something fans have the right to be upset about. Great. Move on.
What's the point of discussion if you order mods to lock valid threads which you don't like? food4thought.
I'm not asking you to.  I'm asking fluck to.
No young Sassquatch, you're words are pointless junk, not the thread.

David J. Stepp (DJS92491) said:
Oh, btw, close the thread. :)  Pointless and junk...yes.
 i mean, we all know that everyone here has a life outside of this forum. 

Right other life ha ha -___-

fluck said:

why does anyone ever try to use this line of reasoning? i mean, we all know that everyone here has a life outside of this forum. is it somehow a better use of your time to sit here and defend your favorite band from criticism than it is for placemats to sit here and criticize your favorite band?

get a grip. weezer isn't perfect, and shlit like this is unnecessary.

also, while YOU may not miss placemats were she to leave, many other people here, myself included, would. can anyone say the same for you?

If I'm wrong, then all right, but then that would mean you're taking this too seriously and there has to be something better for you to do than criticizing your favorite band on their own fan forum.  That's what I meant by needing to have more fun.  If I'm right, then leave.  Like I said, you won't be missed. :)

your* Placemats, why even add to the discussion if you're only going to say that?  :/

placemats said:
No young Sassquatch, you're words are pointless junk, not the thread.

Oh, btw, close the thread. :)  Pointless and junk...yes.

where did i say that izod was making weezer do anything? i'm not denying rivers is enjoying himself, or anything of the sort. my point, which you still cannot seem to grasp, is that some weezer fans (weezerwoman, for instance) find this kind of thing to be distasteful, and as such wish to share their displeasure on the band's message board. you don't get to make assumptions about said boardies' quality of their life, or tell them to leave simply because you disagree with them.

and frankly, i don't think it's pointless or unnecessary to criticize the band for doing this kind of thing. they are completely backwards when it comes to promotion and marketing, and the more fans that make this clear to rivers, the better. if they want to sell more copies of hurley, they should put out the second video, do a proper release of the second single, and plan an actual tour in support of the album. showing up in an izod/indy car commercial (which doesn't appeal to their market at all, btw) and playing a snippet of a song no one will ever hear on the radio is not going to sell more albums.

Fluck, it's not like they were standing there and just posing.  If it was something as simple as, "Hi, we're Weezer!  And we wear Izod!"  Which would undoubtedly be funny to me if it was only that, but it was a fun shoot.  Did you see Rivers' latest Facebook default pic?  It's from the shoot.  He's in a flucking jumpsuit and helmet dribbling a soccer ball.  Holllly crap, what has Izod done to Weezer?!  Look at Rivers enjoying himself...it's just so TERRIFYING.

fluck said:

going to break this down to make this easier.

"weezer fans like yourself"

lol

"It wasn't done at all to show a middle finger to the fans."

of course not, but that doesn't mean that fans don't have the right to be offended by such crass marketing.

"there is something wrong with criticizing the band over a misunderstanding."

what misunderstanding? the misunderstanding that weezerwoman had about being unaware that weezer is so willing to whore themselves out for any company that will cut them a check? at least this time they got to use their own song.

"So again, Fluck, your thread was pointless.  I hope you realize this and close it."

lol

Look, fluck, I do agree with you.  That logic was flawed, but really my whole problem with this thread was Weezer fans like yourself not seeing why Weezer is doing what they're doing and then explaining why.  Then this whole thing was turned by you and placemats saying that my criticism of this was focused on WeezerWoman not having fun.  Why would I complain about that?  What she posted to me as a response was really heartfelt and nothing Weezer is doing was meant to cause that.  It wasn't done at all to show a middle finger to the fans. 

There's nothing wrong with criticizing Weezer, but there is something wrong with criticizing the band over a misunderstanding.  Something you've ignored with this thread and with my slight fault of logic.  So again, Fluck, your thread was pointless.  I hope you realize this and close it.

There's so much misinformation about this rebuttal that there's really too much to go into for me to respond.  So fluck, you win on a count of being so misinformed that I lost the will to debate with you. 

fluck said:

where did i say that izod was making weezer do anything? i'm not denying rivers is enjoying himself, or anything of the sort. my point, which you still cannot seem to grasp, is that some weezer fans (weezerwoman, for instance) find this kind of thing to be distasteful, and as such wish to share their displeasure on the band's message board. you don't get to make assumptions about said boardies' quality of their life, or tell them to leave simply because you disagree with them.

and frankly, i don't think it's pointless or unnecessary to criticize the band for doing this kind of thing. they are completely backwards when it comes to promotion and marketing, and the more fans that make this clear to rivers, the better. if they want to sell more copies of hurley, they should put out the second video, do a proper release of the second single, and plan an actual tour in support of the album. showing up in an izod/indy car commercial (which doesn't appeal to their market at all, btw) and playing a snippet of a song no one will ever hear on the radio is not going to sell more albums.

Fluck, it's not like they were standing there and just posing.  If it was something as simple as, "Hi, we're Weezer!  And we wear Izod!"  Which would undoubtedly be funny to me if it was only that, but it was a fun shoot.  Did you see Rivers' latest Facebook default pic?  It's from the shoot.  He's in a flucking jumpsuit and helmet dribbling a soccer ball.  Holllly crap, what has Izod done to Weezer?!  Look at Rivers enjoying himself...it's just so TERRIFYING.

fluck said:

going to break this down to make this easier.

"weezer fans like yourself"

lol

"It wasn't done at all to show a middle finger to the fans."

of course not, but that doesn't mean that fans don't have the right to be offended by such crass marketing.

"there is something wrong with criticizing the band over a misunderstanding."

what misunderstanding? the misunderstanding that weezerwoman had about being unaware that weezer is so willing to whore themselves out for any company that will cut them a check? at least this time they got to use their own song.

"So again, Fluck, your thread was pointless.  I hope you realize this and close it."

lol

Look, fluck, I do agree with you.  That logic was flawed, but really my whole problem with this thread was Weezer fans like yourself not seeing why Weezer is doing what they're doing and then explaining why.  Then this whole thing was turned by you and placemats saying that my criticism of this was focused on WeezerWoman not having fun.  Why would I complain about that?  What she posted to me as a response was really heartfelt and nothing Weezer is doing was meant to cause that.  It wasn't done at all to show a middle finger to the fans. 

There's nothing wrong with criticizing Weezer, but there is something wrong with criticizing the band over a misunderstanding.  Something you've ignored with this thread and with my slight fault of logic.  So again, Fluck, your thread was pointless.  I hope you realize this and close it.

wait, hurley was their most recent album, right?

-edit, yes, his fat face is still up there. now i'm dying to know what i got wrong.

Lol well fluck, it's something you'll just have to live with.
so in otherwords, i'm right and this is your attempt to save face.
i know the drill.
Oh, I'm not saving face.  If I was saving face I'd let you know. lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service