You know, you'd think that considering the fact that we're all devout fans of a band with a rabid following, we'd be able to get along and be cordial. But nope, what could be a great median for discussion and fun has been turned into a war zone ruled by a few unbelievably immature cocky a******* with an internet connection who somehow consider themselves better than everyone else, cannot find it in their ability to do anything nice, and are so incredibly insecure about themselves that the only way they find satisfaction is through anonymously putting down others on a band's website. Most of the people are perfectly nice human beings who share a common interest and want to talk about it, but there's a small, extremely vocal percentage who feel the need to rule everything by being dicks.

When it started out, the forum was pretty pure, it was possible to have actual, meaningful discussions about my favorite band's music. But it's been going increasingly downhill, and seems to have hit rock bottom. No discussion can be posted without some idiot being rude to another person. Whatever, if it makes you feel good to fight over the internet, reevaluate your life decisions. Take your catty comments, precious little cliques, and utter douchiness somewhere else (myspace comes to mind). Or at least try to grow up a little bit please.

I fully expect to get plenty of comments telling me I'm an oversensitive idiot, plenty of sarcastic remarks, and probably a couple of pictures telling me how stupid I am. Thank you for those in advance. But maybe, just maybe, there's a few people here who agree and want to make the Weezer.com forum what it should be: a forum used to discuss Weezer in a slightly civil manor. If not, I guess we'll just have to deal with the jerks. But it certainly doesn't have to be that way.

Thank you.

(Update)

I've done som thinking about my above comments, and I'll admit to overrating about a few things. I do believe that the brutality of some comments on here should be toned down a little, but unfortunately, in the age of the internet where anybody can say anything without any consequences, it's to be expected. To be clear, I have no problem whatsoever about correcting grammatical errors. It's a pet peeve of mine, and I've been known to jump on others for misuse. What I mind is when someone asks where they can get SS2K, and they're sarcastically asked if they have the internet. I mind when someone asks for guitar tips because they're a beginning, to be barraged by photo's harassing their inexperience. I mind when I post the list of my favorite Weezer songs that I've put a lot of though it into looking for some positive criticism, and an immediately told that I need to take it down and think about it some more. Is this true harassment? Of course not. I have absolutely no problem with ball-busting and having fun, but I think there's a fine line, and it's too often passed. I've been guilty of it many a time, and I'll almost certainly do it again. But for right now for this forum, there's really nothing I can do about it but try and put up with it, which I've done for a while now, and I guess it just came to a head tonight (spare the jokes). I just wish that a few individuals would think about what they say before they post. They're probably not aware how hurtful it could possibly be.

Views: 46

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

you should change your name to "Mr Weenie"

Everybody has a right to express themselves however they want. I'm not saying that I agree with some of the things some people say to each other, but I think they should be able to say what they want. I think you are taking this way too seriously. I have been coming here for more years than I would like to say and not one time have I ever been harassed and rarely even corrected when I make grammatical errors(which I welcome).  If it's true harassment, that is not ok. If it's just giving you s***, take it with a grain of salt.
Honestly, I can really see your point. I'll admit to overrating about a few things. I do believe that the brutality of some comments on here should be toned down a little, but unfortunately, in the age of the internet where anybody can say anything without any consequences, it's to be expected. To be clear, I have no problem whatsoever about correcting grammatical errors. It's a pet peeve of mine, and I've been known to jump on others for misuse. What I mind is when someone asks where they can get SS2K, and they're sarcastically asked if they have the internet. I mind when someone asks for guitar tips because they're a beginning, to be barraged by photo's harassing their inexperience. I mind when I post the list of my favorite Weezer songs that I've put a lot of though it into looking for some positive criticism, and an immediately told that I need to take it down and think about it some more. Is this true harassment? Of course not. I have absolutely no problem with ball-busting and having fun, but I think there's a fine line, and it's too often passed. There's really nothing I can do about it but try and put up with it, which I've done for a while now, and I guess it just came to a head tonight (spare the jokes). I just wish that a few individuals would think about what they say before they post. They're probably no aware how hurtful it could possibly be.

Birdmagon said:
Everybody has a right to express themselves however they want. I'm not saying that I agree with some of the things some people say to each other, but I think they should be able to say what they want. I think you are taking this way too seriously. I have been coming here for more years than I would like to say and not one time have I ever been harassed and rarely even corrected when I make grammatical errors(which I welcome).  If it's true harassment, that is not ok. If it's just giving you s***, take it with a grain of salt.
i think the problem is that you have a s*** sense of humour.
Well, I would strongly disagree with you. But in the words of Mr. Cuomo, I need to find some peace.

kittens bieber ♥ said:
i think the problem is that you have a s*** sense of humour.

Go join the other Weezer forums if it bothers you so much.

Edit: Growing up implies this website's policies aren't geared toward protecting the 13 and below year olds that post here regularly.

immature cocky a*******...cannot find it in their ability to do anything nice...incredibly insecure about themselves...dicks...some idiot being rude... reevaluate your life decisions...catty comments...douchiness...grow up...jerks.

i wonder if you know how hurtful those statements could possibly be.

please read the forum guidelines http://weezer.com/forum/topics/the-official-weezercom-message. if you believe they are being broken by a user or users, contact a moderator. the moderators are listed in the thread i linked.

we don't encourage threads where people b**** about the behaviour of other forum members. it's not productive and just causes disharmony. as such, i'm locking this thread.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video