I had low expectations for a compilation of songs that weren't good enough to be on an album or even a B-side. But I was hoping for a few decent songs. No such luck. The only thing worth hearing is "unbreak my heart" as Rivers comically fails to sing like a black woman.

I'm not one of those people that only likes their first two albums, though I do think that some of their more recent output has been a little disappointing. But this compilation is a whole different matter. This legitimately dilutes the already-diluted quality-pool that we listeners are swimming in.

Weezer probably thinks that its hardcore fans would love to hear these undiscovered 'gems'. But when the 'gems' are this bad, keep them to yourself. "Devotion" is a gem. "I'm a Robot" is NOT a gem.

Weezer needs some tough love

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

im no fan of everyone, or outta here, but im still glad we got them. and true, not all of the songs on the album are 'gems', but if your definition of a gem is devotion then your standards for new/after 90s weezer is too high
I gave "Devotion" as an example of an awesome 'gem', but I'm really just looking something as good as "Sugar Booger". I don't think that there's anything that good here. Do you?
"The only thing worth hearing is 'unbreak my heart' as Rivers comically fails to sing like a black woman."

This makes no sense. Rivers does not try to sing like a black woman. Just because the woman who originally sang it was black doesn't mean Rivers tried to sing like a black woman.

And did you really expect these songs to sound like Blue or Pinkerton? These songs were all from after that period and they were re-recorded by Weezer of today. If you wanted songs that sounded like early 90's Weezer, that's what Pinkerton Deluxe was for.
So many complainers. Like s***. Get over it.
They should keep you in a vault. I'm a Robot is awesome.
i really liked it. turning up the radio is great, and blowin' my stack is awesome. losing my mind and autopilot are fantastic (i know almost everyone universally hates autopilot, but i loved it. it's fun and catchy). unbreak my heart was cool too, and i liked what they did with i don't want your lovin (also, i'm a fan of the demo, and i feel like i'll be shot since that's almost universally hated as well). the only weak tune was everyone.. it was boring. the guitar riff and song would've been cooler if it wasn't weezer doing it, cuz that kinda music isn't their style... but overall i give it a solid 7 out of 10.. i liked it a lot
I don't know where all the bad feelings are coming from... I completely, thoroughly enjoyed DTFM.

You guys who worked on the YouTube collab song did a great job, hope you are proud of yourselves!
First Raditude, then Hurley (who was supposed to be a return to Weezer's old formula, i.e. "good songs"), and now Death to False Metal?!... I'm sorry, but I've had enough. I will not spend another dollar on a Weezer album. Ever. I've been a fan since their beginnings, but I don't find their music worth my hard-earned money anymore...

Sébastien said:
First Raditude, then Hurley (who was supposed to be a return to Weezer's old formula, i.e. "good songs"), and now Death to False Metal?!... I'm sorry, but I've had enough. I will not spend another dollar on a Weezer album. Ever. I've been a fan since their beginnings, but I don't find their music worth my hard-earned money anymore...

At least that means when a new album comes out, you can't complain about it. See ya!
I know! First you have the complainers, then you have the complaints against the complainers...where does it end?

Josh D-K said:
So many complainers. Like s***. Get over it.
DTFM has some good tunes. Nothing spectacular, but if theses songs weren't released everyone would be b******* about how we don't have them. Keep in mind these songs were kept off albums for a reason.
Job Security- Knowing you could record a full-length album of you taking a s***, and someone would post on .com "Why don't you guys like 'Death to the Bathroom?' These are great songs! Keep it up Rivers!!!! <3 <3"

j-biebs said:
i think we can all agree that part of the hype behind weezer is that they have a whole collection of excellent songs that have gone either unreleased, or stashed on deluxe editions, for a variety of reasons. i can't tell if rivers has bought into the hype and is pushing to put this stuff out because he thinks people will love it, or if he's putting it out because he knows he's got a small but dedicated fanbase that will buy it no matter what.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video