I know there have been a bunch of topics about the cruise at this point, but I think it's important to have a setlist one.

The Weezer Cruise - Day 1 - Main Lido Deck

Greatest Hits & Covers Set::

1. Hash Pipe
  2. Perfect Situation
  3. (If You're Wondering if I Want You To) I Want You To
  4. Photograph
  5. Dope Nose
  6. Blast Off!
  7. Paranoid Android [Radiohead Cover]
  8. Island in the Sun
  9. Beverly Hills
  10. Pork and Beans

Weezer (1994) -- The Blue Album::

1. My Name is Jonas
  2. No One Else
  3. The World Has Turned and Left Me Here
  4. Buddy Holly
  5. Undone -- The Sweater Song
  6. Surf Wax America
  7. Say it Ain't So
  8. In the Garage
  9. Holiday
  10. Only in Dreams

The Memories thing is cool to see I'm sure for those on the Weezer Cruise, and I think the first set makes sense too, to get all the "hits" out of the way.  Now we know what WON'T be played on nights two and three.  Any speculation on that?

I find it strange that they consider "Blast Off!" a greatest hit and not a rarity.  Also, I don't know that the "Paranoid Android" cover is well-placed, being that it is a cover.

Thoughts?

Views: 3969

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What was the crowds reaction when they opened with Troublemaker?.

Gohi said:

Troublemaker (wtf)
We Are All on Drugs (wtf)
I Just Threw Out the Love of my Dreams
No One Else (wtf)
Teenage Dirtbag (wtf)
Can't Stop Partyin' (Alone arrangement, Pat on drums)
Keep Fishin (wtf)
Mykel and Carli
Jamie
Tragic Girl

This was the tightest performance I have ever seen the band give. It was really really good. Rivers was on fire on guitar and his voice sounded great. My issue was in regards to the setlist. Most of these are not b-sides. Hell A LOT of them were singles. This was billed as a b-sides & Pinkerton night. I really hope tomorrow's set is different. Also: Why play No One Else again?

But, again, the band sounded fantastic and looked to be in a great mood which does affect the performance. This was my 3rd time seeing Pinkerton live so it may not be as thrilling as it was before, but it's still just as amazing to see Rivers play those solos and see him get into those crunchy riffs. Will be a privilege to see it tomorrow. I hope my setlist gripes don't come off as negative or whiny. Hoping we get some Longtime Sunshine and Devotion tomorrow.

Thanks, Gohi! Hope you are having tons of fun in Cozumel today! Will you do a "What I did on my Weezer Vacation" report when you're back on land? Are you going to tonight's show, too?

I will be going to tonight's show. :) I might write an article about this whole experience if anyone would be interested.

Troublemaker got a nice cheer, sadly. But it was a total disaster. Rivers forgot the words, Brian took over but sang the wrong verse... went into the bridge... it was a mess. Thankfully every other song that night was freaking awesome. I'm hoping for the same quality of performance with a better setlist tonight.

I bet a ton of us would be interested - I know I would! Thanks for taking the time (and $$) to update us. It's fun to hear what's going on! Reports on twitter are very positive, everyone seems to be having a total blast.

Gohi said:

I will be going to tonight's show. I might write an article about this whole experience if anyone would be interested.

Yeah, I'd be interested. I like when Brian sings for Rivers xD

Glad to hear that everyone is having a blast but this B-side set is really disappointing. Why play No one else again? that's just so weird..... 

I would! Thanks Gohi....much appreciated

Lisa said:

I bet a ton of us would be interested - I know I would! Thanks for taking the time (and $$) to update us. It's fun to hear what's going on! Reports on twitter are very positive, everyone seems to be having a total blast.

Gohi said:

I will be going to tonight's show. I might write an article about this whole experience if anyone would be interested.

Memories
Devotion
Susanne
Trippin' Down The Freeway
Los Angeles (by Francis Black, sung by Pat)
Longtime Sunshine
You Gave Your Love to Me Softly
Don't Let Go (dedicated to Mikey Welsh)
Tragic Girl
The Greatest Man That Ever Lived

Maybe the best Weezer show I've ever seen. The band was having fun and Rivers was definitely enjoying dipping into the lesser-played songs. Tragic Girl was better tonight. The Los Angeles cover was really cool and a welcome surprise. Pat and Rivers killed it. Pinkerton was amazing. Yeah.

Sounds great. Awesome that they dedicated Don't Let Go to Mikey. 

im really happy for all of you:] please post any vids for us less fortunate hahaha
Wow, thanks Gohi! Looks like an amazing setlist. I'm glad they decided to do "Trippin' Down the Freeway" ahain. I remember how excited I was to hear that live back in '10, the second time the played it. It killed live besides the (of course) butchered lyrics. Glad they're giving it another chance, even if it was just once off. How did it go?

I also think I'm more ok with the hits being played mixed in. I think "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived" is, again, amazing in person and it would've been a shame for them to leave it out of the Cruise. The "Los Angeles" cover sounds amazing, as I'm a fan of Francis Black and of course the b-sides are always welcome.

Hoping more than ever for Weezer Cruise bootlegs!

Here is them playing Hash Pipe on the cruise, Brian and Pat have switched places and the stage seems quite small, but it's a good performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2qzNV6maEs

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video