I know there have been a bunch of topics about the cruise at this point, but I think it's important to have a setlist one.

The Weezer Cruise - Day 1 - Main Lido Deck

Greatest Hits & Covers Set::

1. Hash Pipe
  2. Perfect Situation
  3. (If You're Wondering if I Want You To) I Want You To
  4. Photograph
  5. Dope Nose
  6. Blast Off!
  7. Paranoid Android [Radiohead Cover]
  8. Island in the Sun
  9. Beverly Hills
  10. Pork and Beans

Weezer (1994) -- The Blue Album::

1. My Name is Jonas
  2. No One Else
  3. The World Has Turned and Left Me Here
  4. Buddy Holly
  5. Undone -- The Sweater Song
  6. Surf Wax America
  7. Say it Ain't So
  8. In the Garage
  9. Holiday
  10. Only in Dreams

The Memories thing is cool to see I'm sure for those on the Weezer Cruise, and I think the first set makes sense too, to get all the "hits" out of the way.  Now we know what WON'T be played on nights two and three.  Any speculation on that?

I find it strange that they consider "Blast Off!" a greatest hit and not a rarity.  Also, I don't know that the "Paranoid Android" cover is well-placed, being that it is a cover.

Thoughts?

Views: 3969

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'LL do the setlist posting, thanks.

Blast Off! is not a greatest hit. Rivers said that this song was for hardcore fans and that most of the crowd wouldn't know it.

Lewis, I think you have some unrealistic expectations about the cruise. I doubt each member of the band will have the time to have a conversation with every fan that tries to talk to them. I'm pretty sure they would like to have a nice time on the boat as well.

Lewis Digges said:

With that being the case, I'm glad that I stayed at home then since Weezer has a no touch-no talking to them policy like that on the road. You would think that they could talk to people when they are on the cruise. Probably Rivers' idea for this as usual just like many of his ideas in the past.

placemats said:

Yes, they will be walking around, with security in tow.  They are not going to be hanging out with fans, though, some of the lesser known bands may opt to do this.

Radioactive said:

It's not a lie... You get to know people on the ship. The band is walking around; they don't just hang in their tiny cabin for fear of being discovered by one of their fans.

I do think they are having a quick meet the band/photo opportunity for cruisers, so that is nice and ensures anyone who wants to can at least say hi. And I do know for a fact that they are incredibly generous and kind to fans when they are touring, and don't pull that "don't speak to me" stuff. Pat hung around after the Chicago show and spoke to anyone who wanted to say hello. He was very nice. IMO, everyone associated with the band is more than generous. I saw posts from people on the cruise before they went out to sea, saying they'd met band members, got a handshake, etc.

I can't wait to hear about the shows tonight and tomorrow!

Lewis, this band is incredibly interactive and placemats' trolling doesn't change that.

thanks for the offer, but I've got this.

Gohi said:

Blast Off! is not a greatest hit. Rivers said that this song was for hardcore fans and that most of the crowd wouldn't know it.

Lewis, are you trying to kill Weezer?

I think gohi has this. He's on the boat. 

Radioactive said:

Lewis, this band is incredibly interactive and placemats' trolling doesn't change that.

thanks for the offer, but I've got this.

Gohi said:

You're being too extreme, Lewis.  As Lisa pointed out, some fans will have brief moments with the band, but Radioactive stated that you will get to "hang out" with the band, which is not the same thing.  

Lewis Digges said:

With that being the case, I'm glad that I stayed at home then since Weezer has a no touch-no talking to them policy like that on the road. You would think that they could talk to people when they are on the cruise. Probably Rivers' idea for this as usual just like many of his ideas in the past.

placemats said:

Yes, they will be walking around, with security in tow.  They are not going to be hanging out with fans, though, some of the lesser known bands may opt to do this.

Radioactive said:

It's not a lie... You get to know people on the ship. The band is walking around; they don't just hang in their tiny cabin for fear of being discovered by one of their fans.

Troublemaker (wtf)
We Are All on Drugs (wtf)
I Just Threw Out the Love of my Dreams
No One Else (wtf)
Teenage Dirtbag (wtf)
Can't Stop Partyin' (Alone arrangement, Pat on drums)
Keep Fishin (wtf)
Mykel and Carli
Jamie
Tragic Girl

This was the tightest performance I have ever seen the band give. It was really really good. Rivers was on fire on guitar and his voice sounded great. My issue was in regards to the setlist. Most of these are not b-sides. Hell A LOT of them were singles. This was billed as a b-sides & Pinkerton night. I really hope tomorrow's set is different. Also: Why play No One Else again?

But, again, the band sounded fantastic and looked to be in a great mood which does affect the performance. This was my 3rd time seeing Pinkerton live so it may not be as thrilling as it was before, but it's still just as amazing to see Rivers play those solos and see him get into those crunchy riffs. Will be a privilege to see it tomorrow. I hope my setlist gripes don't come off as negative or whiny. Hoping we get some Longtime Sunshine and Devotion tomorrow.

Thank you :)

Radioactive said:

I will post the setlists asap(:

Yeah, thanks Gohi.

Hugh Lovric said:

Thank you :)

Radioactive said:

I will post the setlists asap(:

this thread is f****** hilarious 

Thanks Gohi. Yeah that is kind of a disappointing setlist. I mean, I wouldn't compain if I were there, but I wouldve taken out "Troublemaker", "We Are all on Drugs", "Keep Fishin'" and especially "No One Else" and replace them with songs like "Waiting on You", "Getting Up and Leaving", "Susanne", "I Swear it's True", "Devotion", "Longtime Sunshine", etc.

But if you say it was a top performance then there's really no room for complaints. Bootleg please!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video