Does anybody else loves these guys as much as I do? I just recently got into them after my sister showed me "You'll Come Down," and I can not believe I missed out on this greatness for so long. God damn. yes

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like them pretty well, but prefer original grungers such as the Screaming Trees, Mudhoney, and Soundgarden.
YES, I DO. Saw them live a while back and was a fantastic show. Long time fan.

Toadies are Texas rock not Washington grunge as placemats would have them lumped in with. They are more comfortably lumped in with Baboon, The B******* Surfers and Tripping Daisy. I've been a huge fan since '95. Seen them live back then and in recent years. Last years Feeler album was a nice surprise. Even though it was supposed to be released back in '98 it still sounded fresh. I'll leave you with my all time favorite released/unreleased Toadies song "Send You To Heaven". Enjoy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAgdqC7QNG0

Check out the Toadies cover of SCD Soundsystem's Someone Great.

See you at the fourth annual Dia De Los Toadies, Aug 26-27, 2011.

oh man, baboon was such a great band.
the mid-to-late 90s was a definite high point for the denton/dallas/fort worth music scene.

but yeah, toadies were good too.
though i haven't listened to anything they've put out since they got back together.

Yeah Thomas, I wasn't trying to lump the Toadies in with the pioneers of grunge, and I know that they are from Texas.  I was simply making reference to the grunge/post-grunge genres.  But maybe you don't see fit to classify them that way. Thanks for the extra details and have fun at the show.  K, bye.

Thomas Brown said:

Toadies are Texas rock not Washington grunge as placemats would have them lumped in with. They are more comfortably lumped in with Baboon, The B******* Surfers and Tripping Daisy. I've been a huge fan since '95. Seen them live back then and in recent years. Last years Feeler album was a nice surprise. Even though it was supposed to be released back in '98 it still sounded fresh. I'll leave you with my all time favorite released/unreleased Toadies song "Send You To Heaven". Enjoy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAgdqC7QNG0

Check out the Toadies cover of SCD Soundsystem's Someone Great.

See you at the fourth annual Dia De Los Toadies, Aug 26-27, 2011.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video