Man oh man are these some really great songs.

People are always craving and raving about wanting SFTBH, the infamous Weezer album that never was. But what about the =w= album post-Maladroit, pre-Make Believe? Album 5. It's an underrated lost album -  we have many of the demos but "Album 5" is an album that was never technically an album, but I'm damn glad we have the demos.

They are quality Weezer songs, great riffs, awesome melodies and catchy choruses.

Views: 513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the 2002-07-02 demos are the best, with the piano, it's a shame they took it out in the next session.
All those songs are great, so it's lucky we have the demos.
I dunno. "Private Message", "Everybody Wants a Chance To Feel All Alone", "Untenable" and "She Who Is Militant" are all OK.

But "Hey Domingo", "Fantana", "Mansion of Cardboard" "Mo Beats" and "The Organ Player" are pretty awful. And the version of Mad Kow that was done during this time totally sucks.
Is there a way to get them without torrents or limewire?
Album 5 did happen, it was Make Believe haha.

But yeah, I guess some of those demos are okay. I think I like the one about Matt Sharp (supposedly) the best, Prodigy Lover... then Private Message and Hey! Domingo!

But everything else was kind of blah IMO. And even the ones I like aren't amazing songs, though I think the instrumentation was pretty creative.
also, i meant I'd have the Demos up by tomorrow, not invites (which upon re-reading, it appears I meant)
:P
Take your time in whatever you do!
i love hey domingo.

BackToSchool said:
I dunno. "Private Message", "Everybody Wants a Chance To Feel All Alone", "Untenable" and "She Who Is Militant" are all OK.

But "Hey Domingo", "Fantana", "Mansion of Cardboard" "Mo Beats" and "The Organ Player" are pretty awful. And the version of Mad Kow that was done during this time totally sucks.
Looking back on the demos, I really like most of them, especially "Fontana", "Mansion of Cardboard", "The Organ Player", "Running Man", "Mad Kow", "Prodigy Lover", "Superstar" and "She Who is Militant". So, yeah, quite a bit. Would a buy a box-set of full-quality versios? Yeah, probably.

EDIT: If no one has this uploaded elsewhere by tomorrow, I guess I can start uploading these part by part if people still want them.
It's a technicality. Make believe was =w='s 5th studio album, but the demos for "Album 5" that were scrapped, and then there were secret demos... are part of the "missing album" - in way there is a enough material demoed to make many, many albums.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

But yeah, I guess some of those demos are okay. I think I like the one about Matt Sharp (supposedly) the best, Prodigy Lover... then Private Message and Hey! Domingo!

But everything else was kind of blah IMO. And even the ones I like aren't amazing songs, though I think the instrumentation was pretty creative.
"Prodigy Lover" and "367" fo life
I lost all of these demos awhile back and would love to get them again as well.
So, they are Album 4.5

Hayley [Weezer_Child] said:
It's a technicality. Make believe was =w='s 5th studio album, but the demos for "Album 5" that were scrapped, and then there were secret demos... are part of the "missing album" - in way there is a enough material demoed to make many, many albums.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video