Who will join Blowin' My Stack/Unspoken/ and Trippin' Down the Freeway to move on to the Ultimate Weezer Survivor Game with all 9 winners?  Here are the rules:  Vote off your least favorite of the songs remaining. Vote for 2 songs until we get down to 5. Since there are 14 songs, I will eliminate 2 songs with the most votes in the first 3 rounds

1. Troublemaker  (Eliminated Round 4)

2. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (WINNER!!! )

3. Pork And Beans (Eliminated Round 6)

4. Heart Songs (Eliminated Round 2)

5. Everybody Get Dangerous (Eliminated Round 2)

6. Dreamin' (Eliminated Round 5)

7. Thought I Knew (Eliminated Round 3)

8. Cold Dark World (Eliminated Round 1) 

9. Automatic (Eliminated Round 1)

10. The Angel and the One (2ND PLACE)

11. Miss Sweeney (Eliminated Round 7)

12. Pig (3RD PLACE )

13. The Spider (Eliminated Round 2)

14. King (Eliminated Round 3)

Views: 301

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

the greatest man that ever lived
Question: Are we skipping Raditude?
We've already done Raditude

Connor Dalton [awesome] said:
Question: Are we skipping Raditude?
angel and the one
The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
Greatest man FTW !!!
The thing I don't like about angel is it drag on at the end a lot , it's not antibes fault it's just the way the riff is the end note is also the first note so it's easy to keep going theyre both great song but thyself my reason for my choice 

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:
The Angel and the One should win this. Greatest Man is a fun song, but it's not a great song like The Angel imo.
Wow I got auto correct ownd, drags*, Anybodies*,that's*

pinecone said:
The thing I don't like about angel is it drag on at the end a lot , it's not antibes fault it's just the way the riff is the end note is also the first note so it's easy to keep going theyre both great song but thyself my reason for my choice 

The Angel and the One should win this. Greatest Man is a fun song, but it's not a great song like The Angel imo.

Cold Dark World

The Spider

right now were voting on our favorite between the angel and the one and the greatest man that ever lived. so vot on the one you like best cynthia
The Angel and The One

Ouch, can you seriously not hear any beauty in that outro? I think it is a real refreshing, experimental (by Weezer standards) breath of fresh air. I like to close my eyes when it's on and allow the music to take me to another realm.

I remember reading once that The Angel in the One is Rivers saying, "alright guys, enough goofing around [with the Red album], here's the real deal.", and I kind of agree with that kid. The song is brimming with real emotion (and has a set of beautiful lyrics to match!), rides on a unique, flowing song structure, has guitar work captures the 'romantic longing' Rivers in '02 confessed was essential to his songwriting, and there are some gorgeous, classic Weezer harmonies at the "Peace, shalom." part, when Rivers cuts in with his "woohoos" at 3:57 I climax. It's gorgeous and it personally happens to be the type of music I'd expect the band who wrote Pinkerton 12 years before it to be producing. Unfortunately this type of ambition, songcraft, emotion and execution in Weezer was all but a fleeting moment. In '08 I hoped with all of my heart that The Angel and the One would be signalling the direction of Weezer's future; I'm damn disappointed in my heart because it didn't work and now we're stuck with material like 'Trainwrecks', 'Smart Girls' and 'Where's My Sex?'; ick.

Oh, by the way, everyone, do yourselves a favour and listen to Pat's drumming on this track and notice not only how good it sounds but also how it slowly builds up, adding a new beat each bar. It kind of sounds like Pat is slowly warming up, and in essence he is, charging up until he releases all of that pent-up energy during the song's crescendo. Give Pat some love for it, yo!

pinecone said:

Wow I got auto correct ownd, drags*, Anybodies*,that's*

pinecone said:

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video