Songs like ''Pig'', ''Ms. Sweeny'', ''The Spider'', ''Heart Songs'' all could pass as good indie genre songs. It seems like that was what Weezer was going for on these songs. 

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No idea what you're talking about but:

Red has some of my all-time favorite songs Rivers has ever penned. The Spider, Pig, Dreamin, Angel and Miss Sweeney are some of his most emotionally powerful works ever. I truly hope we get an album with songs this great again. I prefer Hurley to Red as a whole, but nothing on it reaches the heights of these songs.

Raditude coming after these songs which (in my opinion) rival Blue and Pink in both emotion and maturity, was a pretty shocking move on RIvers' part.
Indie isn't a genre of music.
ha ha ha, the things people write on this forum...

Jamekae said:
It isn't. Indie is a term to describe a band that is signed to an independent label. It's not a genre.

Dungeon Master said:

Jamekae said:
Indie is used to describe artists working from independent labels but in more recent years has become a style of alternative rock, mostly to the younger generation. Basically the artist has a do-it-yourself attitude and doesnt care much for special effects (on voice or guitars). Generally its guitar based with acoustic drums.

Dungeon Master said:

Jamekae said:
And you know everything? I am aware that Alternative rock was just made up as a collective term for loads of different genres. Indie is a style of music and a term for independent. But whatever i interpret it that way and its my opinion and you have yours.

j-biebs said:
b******* b******* b******* b******* b*******
there is no common style found amongst independent bands. alternative rock was a f****** made-up, meaningless genre, too. you know nothing.

Indiekid said:
Indie is used to describe artists working from independent labels but in more recent years has become a style of alternative rock, mostly to the younger generation. Basically the artist has a do-it-yourself attitude and doesnt care much for special effects (on voice or guitars). Generally its guitar based with acoustic drums.

Dungeon Master said:

Jamekae said:

j-biebs said:
so please describe the indie style of music, because so far all you've said is that it involves vocals, guitar and drums, and that covers a veritable f***-ton of music. note: diy is not a musical attribute.

Indiekid said:
And you know everything? I am aware that Alternative rock was just made up as a collective term for loads of different genres. Indie is a style of music and a term for independent. Deal with it.

j-biebs said:
b******* b******* b******* b******* b*******
there is no common style found amongst independent bands. alternative rock was a f****** made-up, meaningless genre, too. you know nothing.

Indiekid said:

Dungeon Master said:

Jamekae said:

i was unaware people trolled the Weezer forums...

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
No idea what you're talking about but:

Red has some of my all-time favorite songs Rivers has ever penned. The Spider, Pig, Dreamin, Angel and Miss Sweeney are some of his most emotionally powerful works ever. I truly hope we get an album with songs this great again. I prefer Hurley to Red as a whole, but nothing on it reaches the heights of these songs.

Raditude coming after these songs which (in my opinion) rival Blue and Pink in both emotion and maturity, was a pretty shocking move on RIvers' part.

I have to agree. They aren't indie or whatever but something about Red is just so different than what they did on Make Believe and especially Raditude. MB was the album that got me to like them but it wasn't until Red came out that I sat up and payed attention. This album may not be the best as a singular unit but the songs stand alone all by themselves.
Lawl, who is trolling who, here? I sincerely can't tell. Amusing, none the less.
I agree, Red is awesome, deep and I like the entire album. Raditude was not as good, more pop maybe... I couldn't stand "I'm Your Daddy" it was a shocking move indeed for Rivers to put this out after Red. Although, Put Me Back Together is the best song off Raditude and in my top 15 =w= songs I think. They "evolved" but I still miss the guitar solos...
this is a stupid thread. but i like those songs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video