The old Weezer try-out song 'Rosemary' is one of Cuomo's best compositions.

The lyrics, the droney music, the beautiful melody... I remember around Red when RC was talking about wanting to get into experimental song structures, and touted Angel as being the result... but Rosemary fit the bill 10 years prior.

Is there a studio Weezer demo? A RC demo? The recording we have is admittedly shitty, but the song is so gorgeous I find myself listening to it often. It's on par with the other material from the era, Prettiest Girl, Lover In The Snow... and I'd say in their own 98 way, all of these songs rival Blue/Pink.

Bring it back, boys. If you dare.

As a slight aside, I often thought Fun Time would have been an amazing single.

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This thread is classic. Do you n00bs not know this song?
good thing cuomo is too much of a 'little b****' to leak/release the demo.
those songs are actuallly 97, looks like YOURE the n00b.

Gene Simmons said:

how is he a 'little b****' when he gave us a listen of the new Hang On and a couple Alone 3 songs when we asked? He's constantly giving us stuff so shut up
Yeah yeah, 97 song, but would have been for a 98 album.

RC! This isn't on your 4 or 5 star demo list. Please leak the 3 star demo and/or record this for the next Weezer album. Some of your most touching lyrics. I get that you reused the bridge for the intro/bridge of O Girlfriend, but no one except hardcores will realize this. Keep the chugging music too, plz.

Thanks, your pal
B. Imbly
Also, if you need a single for Album 10 just rerecord Fun Time. Bingo bango.
was that on his ustream?

LiNX said:

Gene Simmons said:

how is he a 'little b****' when he gave us a listen of the new Hang On and a couple Alone 3 songs when we asked? He's constantly giving us stuff so shut up
hey i was wondering if you could possible hook me up with this song
Bump, because Bimbly is right in every respect in regards to how good Rosemary is.
I think of this song as a compliment to Only In Dreams as one of Rivers Cuomo's masterpieces.
Indeed, a masterpiece it is.

BUT YOU DONT LISTEN

YOU DONT LISTEN

YOU AND ROSEMARY ARE KISSIN'

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…