With pictures. GO!

It's a 32 inch.

What did ATNW get for Christmas?

Tags: beer, christmas, gifts, goodies, greed, holiday, jesus, presents, toys

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you have any other Eno suggestions? I bought Robert Fripp's Exposure and Eno's "My Life in a Bush of Ghosts" on vinyl years ago. I am really digging this Eno cd. 

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:
such a great album.

kilgoretrout45 said:

Santa has been nice to me:

too lazy to take pics, but i got a ticket to the chicago pinkerton show, a poster from the weezer/foo tour that i had to sell my ticket for back in the day (still breaks my heart when i think about it), a set list from the ft. lauderdale =w= show in 2002 <--- all this from the boyfriend...he loves me :)

also got a $25 macy's gift card, a $25 borders gift card, and a large box of tastykakes from my brother :D

I'm spoiled :/

(cheap walmart blu ray player) 

(plane ticket to chicago)

and I picked these up on boxing day:

DVDs were CHEAP at best buy aha 

DUDE. My Step-Dad has that shirt.

placemats said:

I got tickets to this

And this cute little shirt

And this collection

David Byrne and Brian Eno...what a dream team.  Doesn't get much better than that.

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:

getting into the rest of his "pop" albums would be a good start, though another green world is the best of the four. check out here come the warm jets next, followed by before and after science and taking tiger mountain (by strategy).

before and after science was the last of the four "pop" albums, and you can really get a feel for the directions that eno was moving towards, with his work in ambient music and his stuff with byrne/the talking heads. if you're at all interested in his ambient stuff, discreet music would be a good place to start, followed by ambient 1: music for airports.

if you aren't super into the ambient stuff, a better starting point might be fripp & eno's no pussyfooting. you'll get the experimentation that eno was working towards combined with fripp's guitar work.

really you can't go wrong with eno's work in the 70s.

kilgoretrout45 said:

Do you have any other Eno suggestions? I bought Robert Fripp's Exposure and Eno's "My Life in a Bush of Ghosts" on vinyl years ago. I am really digging this Eno cd. 

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:
such a great album.

kilgoretrout45 said:

Your stepdad must have good taste in music.

Weird Lad said:

placemats said:

I got tickets to this

And this collection

i also have that shirt. somewhere...

Weird Lad said:

placemats said:

I got tickets to this

And this collection

Berry...DUDE!

berry rydell said:
i also have that shirt. somewhere...

Weird Lad said:

placemats said:

I got tickets to this

And this collection

Thanks Kittens!! I will be doing my round at the used cd stores or Amazon to check them out. I like the ambient stuff too. Some of the stuff on the "Green" album reminded me a little(a little) of Court of the Crimson King. Strange huh? 

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:

getting into the rest of his "pop" albums would be a good start, though another green world is the best of the four. check out here come the warm jets next, followed by before and after science and taking tiger mountain (by strategy).

before and after science was the last of the four "pop" albums, and you can really get a feel for the directions that eno was moving towards, with his work in ambient music and his stuff with byrne/the talking heads. if you're at all interested in his ambient stuff, discreet music would be a good place to start, followed by ambient 1: music for airports.

if you aren't super into the ambient stuff, a better starting point might be fripp & eno's no pussyfooting. you'll get the experimentation that eno was working towards combined with fripp's guitar work.

kilgoretrout45 said:

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:
such a great album.

kilgoretrout45 said:

Yoshi!

A sexy leather Fender strap for my bass:

I also got some moneys for some custom drumsticks that will have my band name and insignia on them.

I got a new Santa hat, for gigs. I lost my old one and every time I perform I must wear one, so I was given a fluffy deluxe hat :D

M 'n M's, of course.

Ender in Exile (Orson Scott Card)

And some other groovy stuff. Happy Merry Year's Christmas New!

King Crimson goes through A LOT of musical changes. In the Court is a great album, but I also love the stuff with Adrian Belew and Fripp. Discipline, Beat are great albums. I would say they are similar to Pink Floyd. Syd Barrett's Floyd is so different than The Wall. if you like the ambient trippy stuff go with early Crimson. 

Do you know anything about The Residents? I am super curious about them also, but know very little about them. 

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:

fripp was in king crimson, right? i have that album on vinyl though i don't think i've ever fully listened to it.

kilgoretrout45 said:
Thanks Kittens!! I will be doing my round at the used cd stores or Amazon to check them out. I like the ambient stuff too. Some of the stuff on the "Green" album reminded me a little(a little) of Court of the Crimson King. Strange huh? 

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:

kilgoretrout45 said:

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:
such a great album.

kilgoretrout45 said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…