I just recently pulled out all my old lego and realized how much freaking fun it is. So then when I went to San Diego I bought a $150 set at legoland. I opened it up today and after like an hour of searching for pieces I learned how terribly bad time has made me at lego building. But I promised myself I'd finish this set.

Someone talk to me about lego. I'm in the mood. 

Tags: dont, fun, make, me, of, plz

Views: 489

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

faster, stefan. faster!

Stefan said:
I'm half way done now. I finished the first instruction booklet and it is looking sooooo nice.

fluck [kittenž (j.biebž)] said:
stop making excuses, stefan.
I FINISHED IT!

word. 

Why is that sideways.
Lol.  Good goin',  Stefan.

Stefan said:

word. 

Why is that sideways.

Congrats on finishing the set Stefan!

Also, how many kids in grade 7 make stop motion animation? That's so cool. I would have loved to have done stuff like that as a child. Apparently that was how Aardman Animation in England got started. (Not with lego animation, just regular stop motion with a film camera).

Stefan said:

Totally agree. When I was little I used to buy all the star wars sets and combine them into a giant spacecraft. In middle school I would use my digital camera to make short stop motion clips from lego. That's what really exercised my imagination, thinking of movements and stuff for the lego minifigures. This was one I made when I was in grade 7, I think.

And you're right about the modern kits being really sophisticated. This was my favourite thing that I owned when I was 6 or 7. http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/200778414.jpg 

For some reason my crappy laptop doesn't let me post photos on here. 

Thanks Danielle!
I love stop motion. I want to have a job in the film business want I get older, so I've been doing stop motion and simple film stuff ever since my family got a mac when I was 11 or 12. 
I looked up Aardman Animation and realized I've seen most of those movies. Cool!
Danielle said:

Congrats on finishing the set Stefan!

Also, how many kids in grade 7 make stop motion animation? That's so cool. I would have loved to have done stuff like that as a child. Apparently that was how Aardman Animation in England got started. (Not with lego animation, just regular stop motion with a film camera).

Stefan said:

Totally agree. When I was little I used to buy all the star wars sets and combine them into a giant spacecraft. In middle school I would use my digital camera to make short stop motion clips from lego. That's what really exercised my imagination, thinking of movements and stuff for the lego minifigures. This was one I made when I was in grade 7, I think.

And you're right about the modern kits being really sophisticated. This was my favourite thing that I owned when I was 6 or 7. http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/200778414.jpg 

For some reason my crappy laptop doesn't let me post photos on here. 

stefan's next lego project: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13139918

see you in 40 years, stefan!

Only because I'm in a good mood, Stefan.  This may never happen again.

hang on!

since when did a lego 'set' cost $150!!?? that's still a lot even in the worlds only real currency ................. the pound £

Yes, lego sets can be pricey, especially the advanced ones.  The cool thing is that once a set is no longer made, it can go up in value, and collectors can turn a profit it they want to.  Even rare used sets can be sold for more than the original price if the demand is big enough.  So if Stefan was smart enough to keep his box and takes good care of the set, he could actually make some money from it when the set is retired and hard to find.

edgey44 said:

hang on!

since when did a lego 'set' cost $150!!?? that's still a lot even in the worlds only real currency ................. the pound £

stefan put down the legos and go chase girls
when i was growing up (and i still am so jon calm down, i am on about upto the age of 13) i had loads of lego and the most i can ever remember my mum spending was about £60 ($90) and that wasn't a very long time ago

kids these days ............

placemats said:
Yes, lego sets can be pricey, especially the advanced ones.  The cool thing is that once a set is no longer made, it can go up in value, and collectors can turn a profit it they want to.  Even rare used sets can be sold for more than the original price if the demand is big enough.  So if Stefan was smart enough to keep his box and takes good care of the set, he could actually make some money from it when the set is retired and hard to find.

edgey44 said:

hang on!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video