I just recently pulled out all my old lego and realized how much freaking fun it is. So then when I went to San Diego I bought a $150 set at legoland. I opened it up today and after like an hour of searching for pieces I learned how terribly bad time has made me at lego building. But I promised myself I'd finish this set.

Someone talk to me about lego. I'm in the mood. 

Tags: dont, fun, make, me, of, plz

Views: 490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My "social life" from 10 to 15 was the lamest sh*t ever. It was just me and my friends hanging out and watching dbz video tapes. :/

As for Legos, I lacked the intelligence or the patience to build a set.

Just have your mommy buy you an extra next time, Stefan.

Stefan said:
The set I just built is in a collection of five and I just learned that three of the five were discontinued a couple years ago. I looked them up on eBay, because I was planning to eventually complete the street/collection, but the eBay price of these sets are like $400 - $700

That's crazy.
At least I'll be able to make a lot of money when my fire station is discontinued by Lego.

I'll probably never sell it though, cause I'm cool like dat.

placemats said:
Yes, lego sets can be pricey, especially the advanced ones.  The cool thing is that once a set is no longer made, it can go up in value, and collectors can turn a profit it they want to.  Even rare used sets can be sold for more than the original price if the demand is big enough.  So if Stefan was smart enough to keep his box and takes good care of the set, he could actually make some money from it when the set is retired and hard to find.

edgey44 said:

hang on!

since when did a lego 'set' cost $150!!?? that's still a lot even in the worlds only real currency ................. the pound £

I feel your pain. I had just as many from the early eighties. Also an almost complete set of the original die cast Transformers which would likely be worth a fortune had my relatives not given them to the 'poor boy across the street who can't afford toys' while I was away at college. Adults are so smart.

Terminator said:
I have about 20 castle/space sets from the mid eighties that could probably fund my retirement if I were able to go back in time and retrieve most of the good pieces from my dog's intestines, or the vacuum.

Stefan said:
The set I just built is in a collection of five and I just learned that three of the five were discontinued a couple years ago. I looked them up on eBay, because I was planning to eventually complete the street/collection, but the eBay price of these sets are like $400 - $700

That's crazy.
At least I'll be able to make a lot of money when my fire station is discontinued by Lego.

placemats said:
Yes, lego sets can be pricey, especially the advanced ones.  The cool thing is that once a set is no longer made, it can go up in value, and collectors can turn a profit it they want to.  Even rare used sets can be sold for more than the original price if the demand is big enough.  So if Stefan was smart enough to keep his box and takes good care of the set, he could actually make some money from it when the set is retired and hard to find.

edgey44 said:

hang on!

since when did a lego 'set' cost $150!!?? that's still a lot even in the worlds only real currency ................. the pound £

I put down Legos when I was like 8, played sports and studied, then got laid at 15. I still like Legos. Have your cake and eat it too, Stefan. You can do this.

Stefan said:

I put down Legos when I was like 10, had a social life for 5 years, and I've recently realized that Lego is badass and way more fun.

edgey44 said:
very very very good point sir
hintofcoolness said:
stefan put down the legos and go chase girls
Whatevz. I'm fine with my life, and Legos make me happy, so I don't really plan on changing just because some people on a forum tell me to.
Good for you, man, don't give in to stupid peer pressure.
My parents knew that boy too. If he was so poor I wonder how he could afford to move around so much? I hope he liked my jetfire and voltron lions that he got at a garage sale for a dollar.

hintofcoolness said:
I feel your pain. I had just as many from the early eighties. Also an almost complete set of the original die cast Transformers which would likely be worth a fortune had my relatives not given them to the 'poor boy across the street who can't afford toys' while I was away at college. Adults are so smart.

Terminator said:
I have about 20 castle/space sets from the mid eighties that could probably fund my retirement if I were able to go back in time and retrieve most of the good pieces from my dog's intestines, or the vacuum.

Stefan said:

That's crazy.

placemats said:

edgey44 said:

hang on!

aw man, bringing back memories, I had Voltron as well, the OG s***, too.

/cry

*at least they didn't give away my Robotech stuff, though I don't believe it's worth all that much nowadays

Terminator said:

My parents knew that boy too. If he was so poor I wonder how he could afford to move around so much? I hope he liked my jetfire and voltron lions that he got at a garage sale for a dollar.

hintofcoolness said:

Terminator said:

Stefan said:

That's crazy.

placemats said:

edgey44 said:

hang on!

here's your future.

Hope you still like to ride tricycles, Stefan.

http://news.legoland.com/post/Interview-with-LEGOLAND-California-Ma...

fluck [kittenž (j.biebž)] said:

here's your future.
he won't let his friends pressure him into riding a two-wheel bike.
It's not like I'm lego obsessive. Since recently I didn't even touch legos for many years.
And I have goals to go to University so I don't end up riding tricycles around amusment parks.
Even though that's kind of awesome.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video