I'd like to know how the hell this is being called a tour when only 4 cities are being included in 3 states, and only in California and the Northwest.  Couldn't this had just been called "a special 4 city residency", or something else that didn't have to get fans so hyped up, only to be completely let down with the rug pulled out from under them?

I can't put into words how frustrating and disappointing this has been.  To be at an extreme high the past week waiting for dates to be announced, only to be shot down to learn this isn't even really a tour.  To leave out the entire Midwest, the Southern US, and Canada is absolutely ridiculous.  Really, not even one show in Chicago?  At least that way other Midwesteners might have a more legitimate chance of making a show, and now the only way for them is to travel 15 hours and spend an exorbitant amount of money to get there. 

This pill would've been a lot easier to swallow if it wasn't so hyped up as a full tour, and instead a special series of shows.  I just want to know from somebody, Rivers, or ever else is reading this, why entire regions of the Weezer fanbase in North America has been excluded.

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

alright. I signed up to this forum just to leave this message and I'm sure all of you will hate this considering you are members of this message board and thus embrace what this band has become...

I have been a weezer fan for a really really long time. There is a very large section of the weezer fanbase that Blue and pinkerton are some of the finest records ever made and that the band has kind of been downhill from there. Lets be real here, I like a lot of there other albums but nothing is even in the same ballpark as the matt sharp era. These albums are so special to some of us fans above the age of 14, and for them to just take a dump on the entire heartland of the country is really dissapointing. All these hardcore older fans have been buzzing with the thrill of dates coming out only to find out this is a "coast only" tour. Chicago is a much bigger city than San Francisco and boston! Chicago is in driving distance from Milwakee, St. Louis, Detroit and not to mention all of Iowa, Indiana, and Michigan. There are 10 million people alone in Chicago's CSA! It is just so lame to not include the third biggest city in the nation. I mean you have made it so that if you don't live near the coast you are out of luck. If you are going to have 4 cities why have them so close to each other? Hardcore fans like myself would drive the 9 hours or whatever from LA to SF or the 6 hours? from Boston to NYC but these dates you have mean that almost the whole country can't go. It sucks because this band does not even take itself seriously with their dogs and fat guys on album covers their "yea we want to sound like disney channel music" or the snuggie BS. I mean why is rivers on MTV rapping with Lil Wayne and BoB?! Iphone apps? Rivers is now too good to play the guitar?! I mean really what is next? Is this band just out to ruin its reputation? This tour was Weezer's chance to reedeem themselves if just for a few hours but nope.
Agreed. I don't have the unrealistic expectation that Weezer will come to my humble Midwestern hometown (Minneapolis) i just figure they would pick ONE city in the heartland (Chicago, Detroit...). I am more than willing to drive (just would rather take a trip somewhere cooler than LA/New York).

porksoda said:
alright. I signed up to this forum just to leave this message and I'm sure all of you will hate this considering you are members of this message board and thus embrace what this band has become...

I have been a weezer fan for a really really long time. There is a very large section of the weezer fanbase that Blue and pinkerton are some of the finest records ever made and that the band has kind of been downhill from there. Lets be real here, I like a lot of there other albums but nothing is even in the same ballpark as the matt sharp era. These albums are so special to some of us fans above the age of 14, and for them to just take a dump on the entire heartland of the country is really dissapointing. All these hardcore older fans have been buzzing with the thrill of dates coming out only to find out this is a "coast only" tour. Chicago is a much bigger city than San Francisco and boston! Chicago is in driving distance from Milwakee, St. Louis, Detroit and not to mention all of Iowa, Indiana, and Michigan. There are 10 million people alone in Chicago's CSA! It is just so lame to not include the third biggest city in the nation. I mean you have made it so that if you don't live near the coast you are out of luck. If you are going to have 4 cities why have them so close to each other? Hardcore fans like myself would drive the 9 hours or whatever from LA to SF or the 6 hours? from Boston to NYC but these dates you have mean that almost the whole country can't go. It sucks because this band does not even take itself seriously with their dogs and fat guys on album covers their "yea we want to sound like disney channel music" or the snuggie BS. I mean why is rivers on MTV rapping with Lil Wayne and BoB?! Iphone apps? Rivers is now too good to play the guitar?! I mean really what is next? Is this band just out to ruin its reputation? This tour was Weezer's chance to reedeem themselves if just for a few hours but nope.
you are absolutely right! what's going on with Rivers and the band? why are they only touring in supposedly 4 venues?
Why the hell is Rivers no longing playing Guitar? Why is Pat no longer on drums?? Why does most of their music after Blue & PInkerton suck so badly? Why is Matt Sharp gone?

It's crazy and i don't even know why Weezer is snubbing like 80% of the united states in this tour. this tour is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and the songs from the first 2 albums are so special and so beloved by many die-hard fans that I"m shocked that Weezer doesn't wanna make this a huge nationwide tour..
Blue & pInkerton are so special--i dont even care how much Rivers disses his own work--the songs speak to so many people and really strike a chord with certain fans..
I THOUGHT THAT THE B*********/MEMORIES TOUR WAS GONNA BE A TIME FOR LONG-TIME FANS TO RECONNECT, REGROUP, AND REKINDLE & SHARE THEIR LOVE OF THE GOOD TIMES AND OLD SCHOOL WEEZER! i thought it was gonna be a reunion of sorts..
WTF??!!

porksoda said:

You guys are hitting the nail on the head. Leaving the entire middle out of the country out is just ridiculous. But if there's a legitimate reason for it, I just want to know. This topic keeps making it to the first page. Is anybody going to give us some clarification? I mean seriously, come on, I'm almost positive at least Rivers has perused this topic.

wonder said:
Agreed. I don't have the unrealistic expectation that Weezer will come to my humble Midwestern hometown (Minneapolis) i just figure they would pick ONE city in the heartland (Chicago, Detroit...). I am more than willing to drive (just would rather take a trip somewhere cooler than LA/New York).

porksoda said:

The lack of information can be frustrating, but consider that the people involved are also trying to promote a new album, prepare two more releases, and are currently trying to run a tour.
I hope there are more dates added. If not, oh well. They can't do it all.
You think you're being left out? What about us in the UK? weezer seems to hate the UK :(
I don't know what kind of stuck up piece of trash you are, but the middle of the country is heartland of this nation.

this is a recording said:
legitimate reason: the middle of the country sucks.

billybob132 said:
You guys are hitting the nail on the head. Leaving the entire middle out of the country out is just ridiculous. But if there's a legitimate reason for it, I just want to know. This topic keeps making it to the first page. Is anybody going to give us some clarification? I mean seriously, come on, I'm almost positive at least Rivers has perused this topic.
Yeah. He's kind of an arrogant tool.

porksoda said:
I don't know what kind of stuck up piece of trash you are, but the middle of the country is heartland of this nation.

billybob132 said:
and there are plains

and it's boring.

porksoda said:

billybob132 said:
"Heartland". Give me a break. I think you meant "breadland". Or "cornland". Or "bibleland". But the middle of the country does not represent in hardly any way the views of people who live on the two coasts. And it's not "more American" for it.

porksoda said:

billybob132 said:
everyone needs to stop fighting with each other. don't you see what weezer has done to us? they have turned us against each other! They are the ones we should be mad at for not coming to the middle of this country! god bless america! U.S.A.! U.S.A! U.S.A!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video