I'd like to know how the hell this is being called a tour when only 4 cities are being included in 3 states, and only in California and the Northwest.  Couldn't this had just been called "a special 4 city residency", or something else that didn't have to get fans so hyped up, only to be completely let down with the rug pulled out from under them?

I can't put into words how frustrating and disappointing this has been.  To be at an extreme high the past week waiting for dates to be announced, only to be shot down to learn this isn't even really a tour.  To leave out the entire Midwest, the Southern US, and Canada is absolutely ridiculous.  Really, not even one show in Chicago?  At least that way other Midwesteners might have a more legitimate chance of making a show, and now the only way for them is to travel 15 hours and spend an exorbitant amount of money to get there. 

This pill would've been a lot easier to swallow if it wasn't so hyped up as a full tour, and instead a special series of shows.  I just want to know from somebody, Rivers, or ever else is reading this, why entire regions of the Weezer fanbase in North America has been excluded.

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hate to say it, but if it's saying 'here are the dates for the memories tour', as opposed to 'here are the first announced dates of the memories tour', then these are probably all of them. But who knows, the media gets things wrong sometimes....

I would be lying if I said I wasn't mislead if these are indeed all of the dates...

coley said:
Dude they don't add all the dates at once.
I agree, it's a bit out of the ordinary, I just wish the wording was a little more in favor of displaying more dates...ya know?

Radioactive said:
karl needs to update us. i'm surprised he hasn't. i would think he would see all the talk on the boards and everyone confused as to whether or not its a full fledged tour or just these 4 shows. if so, was weezer thinking that people would fly in or drive states away to see them perform? cause if that were the case then i would think they would be playing bigger venues
i really hope they announce some more dates too, if i miss this i'm gonna be really disappointed.
that wording does make it sound as if that is it :(
(tears)

JayPeeCee said:
I agree, it's a bit out of the ordinary, I just wish the wording was a little more in favor of displaying more dates...ya know?

Radioactive said:
Not to panic people, I'm sure blue and pink will be done on tour again......... 
I really don't understand why we can't get someone to clarify what's going on. I just want to know why so many fans are being let down and left out. Rivers said, "This seems to be what the fans want, so we're going to give it to them." Then why are there only 4 cities involved, leaving a huge part of the fan base excluded?

I also thought Rivers said he wanted to talk more, and interact more with the fans. Well, we really need some clarification (Karlification?) right now more than ever.
Agreed... I just posted something very similar, and found your post immediately after. Im from St Louis, and they have yet to make a stop there- they need to step up and actually do a full out tour, they are past due
A lot of times when bands play an album in its entirety, they make it a special thing and limit it to certain cities, in smaller than usual venues. Green Day did a few shows playing all of American Idiot, but it was mainly in LA, San Francisco, New York, London, etc.
It's probably not looking too good, since there hasn't been much clarification. That's disappointing. Last year when Rivers' bus tipped, we were told that those dates would be rescheduled too, which never happened.

I hope I'm wrong though. What are you going to do though? It's life...
What??????????????????????

this is a recording said:
no, really, they are only hitting four cities. this is it.

Domenic Petrella said:
Calm down, they said more dates would be announced. Go to bed, wake up tomorrow and log in to the Weezer site. Then check out the new dates. Repeat until you see your town. Rock on my friend............

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video