So what does this mean to you guys? Are all of you post-pinkerton haters going to these concerts? I mean maybe this can bring them back to their roots...bring out another masterpiece from them? I say the Memories Tour is just simply amazing. For all fans.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Should be awesome bro, and I hope they also play some Make Believe songs while they're at it! Perfect Situation and The Damage In Your Heart would be great.
I just got home from the first night in San Francisco. Amazing performance. The greatest hits set was really fun, and the guys put a lot of energy into it. Rivers had a hard time making his way around the venue during Pork And Beans. At one point, he asked "Hey....how do I get upstairs?" and was directed to the stairs by the audience. He then goes "Uhh...Brian... you sing the next few lines" as he ran out into the lobby and into the upper section. Brian looked a bit surprised, but covered for Rivers very nicely.

The slideshow in between sets was cool. I liked seeing all these candid pictures from early in Weezer's career. And then, of course, the Blue Album set was beyond awesome. The whole band sounded spot on throughout the entire performance.

After the show, I waited outside an exit that the performers usually leave from (I've been to this venue before). I waited for a bit, hoping to get signatures on my copy of The Blue Album. Rivers came out with a hat on, his hood popped up, and started pretending to be on the phone. He made a straight beeline to the car, so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. That was a bit disappointing, but hey... if the man didn't wanna be bothered I wasn't gonna bother him. No big deal.

A little bit later Pat came out and man, he was a really nice guy. I didn't even have to approach him -- he saw I was wearing a Weezer shirt and could tell that I recognized him, so he walked straight up to me. I said hi, told him they gave a great performance, etc. I asked him if he would mind signing a Raditude vinyl that belongs to my brother. As I handed it to him, he jokingly said "I'm actually just gonna keep this." I responded "Oh? I'm suuure you have enough copies." He laughed and told me that very recently he found a box in his house with TONS of copies of Raditude. He said that, for whatever reason, he just owned a huge amount of that album. He signed it, handed it back, and then made a little bit more small talk.

I asked if he would mind signing my Blue Album, and with a smile he said "of course not," took it, signed it, and handed it back. He then said bye and took off, I said "see you guys tomorrow night," and he shot back a quick "thanks" before getting in the car. He was a really nice guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Pinkerton show tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be another great performance, and maybe this time I'll be able to catch the rest of the band.
nice story. pat does seem like a really cool guy. i'd like to go to karaoke with him.

Tyler Della said:
I just got home from the first night in San Francisco. Amazing performance. The greatest hits set was really fun, and the guys put a lot of energy into it. Rivers had a hard time making his way around the venue during Pork And Beans. At one point, he asked "Hey....how do I get upstairs?" and was directed to the stairs by the audience. He then goes "Uhh...Brian... you sing the next few lines" as he ran out into the lobby and into the upper section. Brian looked a bit surprised, but covered for Rivers very nicely.

The slideshow in between sets was cool. I liked seeing all these candid pictures from early in Weezer's career. And then, of course, the Blue Album set was beyond awesome. The whole band sounded spot on throughout the entire performance.

After the show, I waited outside an exit that the performers usually leave from (I've been to this venue before). I waited for a bit, hoping to get signatures on my copy of The Blue Album. Rivers came out with a hat on, his hood popped up, and started pretending to be on the phone. He made a straight beeline to the car, so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. That was a bit disappointing, but hey... if the man didn't wanna be bothered I wasn't gonna bother him. No big deal.

A little bit later Pat came out and man, he was a really nice guy. I didn't even have to approach him -- he saw I was wearing a Weezer shirt and could tell that I recognized him, so he walked straight up to me. I said hi, told him they gave a great performance, etc. I asked him if he would mind signing a Raditude vinyl that belongs to my brother. As I handed it to him, he jokingly said "I'm actually just gonna keep this." I responded "Oh? I'm suuure you have enough copies." He laughed and told me that very recently he found a box in his house with TONS of copies of Raditude. He said that, for whatever reason, he just owned a huge amount of that album. He signed it, handed it back, and then made a little bit more small talk.

I asked if he would mind signing my Blue Album, and with a smile he said "of course not," took it, signed it, and handed it back. He then said bye and took off, I said "see you guys tomorrow night," and he shot back a quick "thanks" before getting in the car. He was a really nice guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Pinkerton show tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be another great performance, and maybe this time I'll be able to catch the rest of the band.
That sounds awesome!

Tyler Della said:

Nice!

Tyler Della said:

Wow great story thanks!

Tyler Della said:

Alright, I just got home from the Pinkerton show, and it went above my expectations. The greatest hits set was incredibly fun. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived was especially epic. You could tell Rivers was having a good time -- he was a bit more energetic and playful than last night. He stole a beanie from one of the security guys, he invited three guys who had home-made Weezer shirts on stage, he took a fan-made Weezer flag from a guy in the audience and hung it up on stage for the rest of the set, all kinds of fun stuff.

The Pinkerton set was beyond fantastic. Not only did the band sound great, but the audience was getting REALLY into it. You could tell the entire audience tonight was made of hardcore Weezer fans. This venue is completely seated, there's absolutely no floor area, but the audience was up and moving throughout the entire Pinkerton set.

After the show, I decided to test my luck again and wait by the performer's exit. After about 20 or so minutes, Brian came out. Like Pat the other night, he was very friendly. More than willing to sign the Raditude vinyl and The Blue Album for me. I told him that the band sounded great both nights, and he said thanks. As he was signing my Blue Album, Rivers darted out and, again, made a straight beeline to the car. Again, slightly disappointing, but like last night -- if he didn't want to be bothered, I wasn't going to bother him. Brian handed me back the album, said "take care," and got in the car. He looked really tired.

A few minutes later Pat came out. He came up to me, said hi, then recognized me from last night. He then said "Hey...you've already got me!" in reference to the signatures. I laughed and said yeah. He asked "are you aiming to get all of us?" I said "well, we missed Rivers," to which he responded "Yeah, you're not gonna get him easily," which caused all of us to laugh. I told him he did a great job, he thanked me, said goodbye, and got in the car.

Next, Scott came out. He came up, said hi, and asked how we were doing. I was going to ask him for a signature too, but he was carrying a ton of luggage. He had a bag in both hands, and one on his back. I didn't wanna make the guy drop everything, so I just said hi, made a tiny bit of small talk, etc. He said goodnight and got in the car, and I left.

So, overall, my experience at the Memories Tour was amazing. Two fantastic performances AND I got to meet practically the entire band? It doesn't get much better than that.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures with any of the guys, but here are pictures of my signed albums:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8391/img0114lq.jpg Raditude
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5208/img0116ce.jpg The Blue Album
I'd love to go, but no doubt the Memories tour will end up being US-only, and us fans around the rest of the world will miss out again....
Awesome dude...sounds like quite an experience. Lucky bastard.

Tyler Della said:
Alright, I just got home from the Pinkerton show, and it went above my expectations. The greatest hits set was incredibly fun. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived was especially epic. You could tell Rivers was having a good time -- he was a bit more energetic and playful than last night. He stole a beanie from one of the security guys, he invited three guys who had home-made Weezer shirts on stage, he took a fan-made Weezer flag from a guy in the audience and hung it up on stage for the rest of the set, all kinds of fun stuff.

The Pinkerton set was beyond fantastic. Not only did the band sound great, but the audience was getting REALLY into it. You could tell the entire audience tonight was made of hardcore Weezer fans. This venue is completely seated, there's absolutely no floor area, but the audience was up and moving throughout the entire Pinkerton set.

After the show, I decided to test my luck again and wait by the performer's exit. After about 20 or so minutes, Brian came out. Like Pat the other night, he was very friendly. More than willing to sign the Raditude vinyl and The Blue Album for me. I told him that the band sounded great both nights, and he said thanks. As he was signing my Blue Album, Rivers darted out and, again, made a straight beeline to the car. Again, slightly disappointing, but like last night -- if he didn't want to be bothered, I wasn't going to bother him. Brian handed me back the album, said "take care," and got in the car. He looked really tired.

A few minutes later Pat came out. He came up to me, said hi, then recognized me from last night. He then said "Hey...you've already got me!" in reference to the signatures. I laughed and said yeah. He asked "are you aiming to get all of us?" I said "well, we missed Rivers," to which he responded "Yeah, you're not gonna get him easily," which caused all of us to laugh. I told him he did a great job, he thanked me, said goodbye, and got in the car.

Next, Scott came out. He came up, said hi, and asked how we were doing. I was going to ask him for a signature too, but he was carrying a ton of luggage. He had a bag in both hands, and one on his back. I didn't wanna make the guy drop everything, so I just said hi, made a tiny bit of small talk, etc. He said goodnight and got in the car, and I left.

So, overall, my experience at the Memories Tour was amazing. Two fantastic performances AND I got to meet practically the entire band? It doesn't get much better than that.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures with any of the guys, but here are pictures of my signed albums:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8391/img0114lq.jpg Raditude
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5208/img0116ce.jpg The Blue Album

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service