Will Matt Sharp be joining them on any of the dates? He lives in LA, right? If he doesn't show up for even just one song it seems like a huge opportunity has been missed. If this tour is about nostalgia and giving the fans what they want, I believe this would serve both those purposes very well.

Tags: Matt, Memories, Sharp, Tour, Weezer

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Matt Sharp is a dweeb. The real question is will Weezer schedule more dates for the Memories tour? The answer is probably "no".
Why do some people on these boards have an obsession with Matt Sharp? He contributed nothing towards weezer and really he was Basically a d*** because of the whole lawsuit thing.
he definitely contributed towards weezer.....he is just a dweeb. Scott can play the simple bass lines to Only in Dreams & Tired of Sex etc. just as well as anyone else.

Indiekid said:
Why do some people on these boards have an obsession with Matt Sharp? He contributed nothing towards weezer and really he was Basically a d*** because of the whole lawsuit thing.
I'm not obsessed. I'm a fan of Weezer through all of their phases from the very beginning to present day. I just think it makes sense, considering the theme of the shows, and having seen the band perform with all three different bassists, they each bring something different. The tour is about memories. My memories of the Blue/Pinkerton era definitely include Matt Sharp in a big way.
Rivers Cuomo writes all the songs for Weezer. Matt Sharp wrote none. The only thing the different bassists have contributed towards weezer is their playing style on stage
The big Memories Tour question in my mind is... Just how much guitar will Rivers play? I'm really really hoping that when they are playing Blue and Pinkerton each night it's just Scott, Brian, Pat on drums, and Rivers back on guitar. Then after when they play the greatest hits setlist I'd have no problem with Josh coming out and getting on drums so Pat can play guitar and Rivers can go nuts and run around. What do we think are the chances of all that happening?
Joseph Gies said:
Just how much guitar will Rivers play? I'm really really hoping that when they are playing Blue and Pinkerton each night it's just Scott, Brian, Pat on drums, and Rivers back on guitar. Then after when they play the greatest hits setlist I'd have no problem with Josh coming out and getting on drums so Pat can play guitar and Rivers can go nuts and run around.

I was wondering the same thing and I hope you're right.
Indiekid said:
The only thing the different bassists have contributed towards weezer is their playing style on stage

It's playing style, stage presence and backup vocals.
Wow what a huge contribution

Megalonyx said:
Indiekid said:
The only thing the different bassists have contributed towards weezer is their playing style on stage

It's playing style, stage presence and backup vocals.
Wrong, Sharp apparently contributed in the writing process of the music of "Undone" and almost all songs on Pinkerton except for "Butterfly".

Indiekid said:
Rivers Cuomo writes all the songs for Weezer. Matt Sharp wrote none. The only thing the different bassists have contributed towards weezer is their playing style on stage
"apparently" isnt fact

blakesp26 said:
Wrong, Sharp apparently contributed in the writing process of the music of "Undone" and almost all songs on Pinkerton except for "Butterfly".

Indiekid said:
and where are your facts? you are just speculating. Sharp made a lawsuit against weezer sometime after Maladroit for this reason. rivers sent matt an email apologizing for not giving him his due credit on pinkerton. i don't feel like finding the evidence, but it's out there in the depths of the web. Im guessing all your proof is the inside booklet from the pinkerton album saying "all songs written by Rivers Cuomo"? yeah, i don't think that holds up.

Indiekid said:
"apparently" isnt fact

blakesp26 said:

Indiekid said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video