Will Matt Sharp be joining them on any of the dates? He lives in LA, right? If he doesn't show up for even just one song it seems like a huge opportunity has been missed. If this tour is about nostalgia and giving the fans what they want, I believe this would serve both those purposes very well.

Tags: Matt, Memories, Sharp, Tour, Weezer

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At one of Matt's solo shows, I personally asked him if he helped write "Tired of Sex" because I thought it sounded similar to the some of the songs by Rentals. He said no and that any similarity is due to the fact that him and Rivers were listening to a lot of the same music at the time.
now that is some solid evidence, and interesting. it still doesn't account for 8 other songs from pinkerton and undone. i am not trying to convince anyone that matt had input, b/c it is a subject that will never get karlification. i am just pointing out that it is just as difficult to prove Rivers did all the pinkerton songwriting.

Joseph Boccagno said:
At one of Matt's solo shows, I personally asked him if he helped write "Tired of Sex" because I thought it sounded similar to the some of the songs by Rentals. He said no and that any similarity is due to the fact that him and Rivers were listening to a lot of the same music at the time.
this would be intersting to see. i'm not sure what i would say if he did happen to show up to one of these shows, but i dont think he will
Matt is the reason the first 2 albums were pure gold. If he isn't on this tour, it's not weezer. Period. Regardless of what the idiot naysayers say.
If Matt was such a big reason why the first two albums were so good...then why are some of Rivers's home demos from that time period so good even though he is playing all the instruments and Matt had nothing to do with them? "Superfriend", "Blast Off", "You Won't Get With Me Tonight" (I believe that one was a home demo, and various other songs from that time period are very awesome and classic and Matt had nothing to do with writing them and he's not even part of the recording. Even the Buddy Holly home demo is barely any different compared to the final version. I'm sure just like in any band Matt had a little input here and there, but I'm pretty sure the difference between Weezer then and now is just the fact that Rivers isn't the same person now as back then. Not to compare bands but the Beatles were a completely different band by the end and it wasn't because there were any different members...people just change and because of that then their music changes...sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, and sometimes not better or worse...just different.

Blueperton said:
Matt is the reason the first 2 albums were pure gold. If he isn't on this tour, it's not weezer. Period. Regardless of what the idiot naysayers say.

Matt is not the reason the first two albums are pure gold. Sorry. I love the man to death, but it was just coincidence that he left the band when he did. He himself said that if he had stayed with the band, the albums we have now would basically be the same.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video