Will Matt Sharp be joining them on any of the dates? He lives in LA, right? If he doesn't show up for even just one song it seems like a huge opportunity has been missed. If this tour is about nostalgia and giving the fans what they want, I believe this would serve both those purposes very well.

Tags: Matt, Memories, Sharp, Tour, Weezer

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion



Indiekid said:
Rivers Cuomo writes all the songs for Weezer. Matt Sharp wrote none. The only thing the different bassists have contributed towards weezer is their playing style on stage

I must respectfully correct this statement with two things I feel should be understood. First, the Blue album had lots of contributions to song writing from Jason Cropper and Pat to name a few, so as much as I love Rivers (I will name my first child after him) you can't say it is ALL him (technicalities, I know). And second, apart from playing bass, Sharp had a major contribution that I feel is looked over by everyone. He did the falsetto backing vocals that has yet to be matched in quality or consistency since he left. Anyone who loves the blue album and especially Pinkerton know that this is a key part of weezer that has not quite been the same since he left.
to be fair, i remember reading somewhere that Matt said something about how he hasn't sat down and listened to any weezer albums after pinkerton, but if they are bad that they would prob be just as bad with him in the band.

Jonathan Allen said: Anyone who loves the blue album and especially Pinkerton know that this is a key part of weezer that has not quite been the same since he left.
Yeah i read about that, he said it when he was asked about his future with Weezer.




blakesp26 said:
to be fair, i remember reading somewhere that Matt said something about how he hasn't sat down and listened to any weezer albums after pinkerton, but if they are bad that they would prob be just as bad with him in the band.

Jonathan Allen said: Anyone who loves the blue album and especially Pinkerton know that this is a key part of weezer that has not quite been the same since he left.
blakesp26 said:
and where are your facts? you are just speculating. Sharp made a lawsuit against weezer sometime after Maladroit for this reason. rivers sent matt an email apologizing for not giving him his due credit on pinkerton. i don't feel like finding the evidence, but it's out there in the depths of the web. Im guessing all your proof is the inside booklet from the pinkerton album saying "all songs written by Rivers Cuomo"? yeah, i don't think that holds up.

Indiekid said:
"apparently" isnt fact


blakesp26 said:
Wrong, Sharp apparently contributed in the writing process of the music of "Undone" and almost all songs on Pinkerton except for "Butterfly".

Indiekid said:
Rivers Cuomo writes all the songs for Weezer. Matt Sharp wrote none. The only thing the different bassists have contributed towards weezer is their playing style on stage


Megalonyx said:
Joseph Gies said:
Just how much guitar will Rivers play? I'm really really hoping that when they are playing Blue and Pinkerton each night it's just Scott, Brian, Pat on drums, and Rivers back on guitar. Then after when they play the greatest hits setlist I'd have no problem with Josh coming out and getting on drums so Pat can play guitar and Rivers can go nuts and run around.

I was wondering the same thing and I hope you're right.

Unfortunately, Rivers will be playing half of each album on guitar.
I've been wondering exactly the same thing. I hope it happens that way, but if it doesn't, that'll be okay, too.


Joseph Gies said:
The big Memories Tour question in my mind is... Just how much guitar will Rivers play? I'm really really hoping that when they are playing Blue and Pinkerton each night it's just Scott, Brian, Pat on drums, and Rivers back on guitar. Then after when they play the greatest hits setlist I'd have no problem with Josh coming out and getting on drums so Pat can play guitar and Rivers can go nuts and run around. What do we think are the chances of all that happening?
Conner Petersen said:
Unfortunately, Rivers will be playing half of each album on guitar.

Where is this info coming from?
I really wasn't trying to start another argument about Matt Sharp's writing input. I think that's been covered elsewhere. He was an important part of the live shows—especially when it comes to backing vocals on those old songs. The new guys do okay but it doesn't sound the same. Rivers and Matt seem to be on good terms so I hope they reunite for at least a song or two in LA.
yeah i know, that is just what came up. i agree that matt's backing vocals were an integral part of those two albums, but i just don't see him coming on stage for this tour. and if he does, nobody will know until they see him on stage the day of the show.

Megalonyx said:
I really wasn't trying to start another argument about Matt Sharp's writing input. I think that's been covered elsewhere. He was an important part of the live shows—especially when it comes to backing vocals on those old songs. The new guys do okay but it doesn't sound the same. Rivers and Matt seem to be on good terms so I hope they reunite for at least a song or two in LA.
He's not in the band anymore. He hasn't been for more than ten years. Grow up and get over it. He's nothing special anyways.
iawtp

elscorcho said:
He's not in the band anymore. He hasn't been for more than ten years. Grow up and get over it. He's nothing special anyways.
elscorcho said:
He's not in the band anymore. He hasn't been for more than ten years. Grow up and get over it. He's nothing special anyways.

Okay, well you could say the same thing about Blue and Pinkerton—old news, just get over it. Obviously that's not what the Memories shows are about.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video