My favorite would be Make Believe. Weezer reached their peak on that album, every song is great and the whole album is filled with emotion.

Tags: Weezer

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really couldn't chose. Red definitly reaches highs that no other album since Pinkerton have reached (TGMTEL, Pork N Beans, The Angel And The One, Dreamin), but Green and Hurley are very good listens all the way through. I mean Red, you have to skip a handfull of songs (Heart Songs, Automatic, Cold Dark World), with Green and Hurley, it is just one fun listen for the whole thing. While I do also like Maladroit. It is a really hard rocking kicking album. It has a few gems too (Slob, Burndt Jamb, Slave...). The only one that I can't really get behind is Raditude. That really only has one good song (Trippin' Down The Freeway).

I love them all, but I would have to say Make Believe. It's hard having to choose, with so many great songs.

Now I can be honest.  Make Believe is my favorite 00's record.  The Green album is close behind.   Raditude is awesome but it's not really a pure weezer album because nearly every song is cowritten.  "In the Mall" and "Trippin in the Freeway" keep this album from being great.  The Red Album sucks, except that the deluxe tracks + "Troublemaker" make a halfway decent record.  Hurley isn't really all that entertaining.  It's a one-time, maybe two-time listen.  Maladroit isn't as great as it wants to be.  Make Believe isn't perfect.  It's kind of lazy.  And its ending "Haunt You Every Day" is a weak piece of songwriting, but that doesn't mean its not an extraordinary listen, and a beautiful listen.

My Favorite is Make Belive, these sound is the best, and all the songs are great, conclued with "Haunt You Every Day" that song is a piece of art of music. Thanks Rivers

Blue and Pinkerton are masterpieces of the 1990's, albums you can listen to from track 1 to 10 and then, when the CD starts over, you can listen to it again without thinking twice.  So, i'm going to base my decision solely on those standards for this millennia.

The Green album is the best Weezer album, as a whole, so far.  The songs were carefully crafted, insanely catchy, and super consistent the entire way through the record.  It was fast, like 28 minutes or so, but it made its mark in that time frame.  Some may think that the lyrics were the album's downfall, but I think that by Rivers taking himself out of the equation he did something that most artists would never have the balls to do: he said "F you" to his critics and the people who shunned the previous album.  That's some true rage against the machine type stuff.  Green songs will get stuck in your head days after you've heard them, and that's what good ole Rivers was trying to do.  "Smile", "Crab", and "Knock down drag out" are fantastic songs and none of them were even the record's singles!!!

Granted, Make Believe is also a great album, definitely the 4th best of their career, but it does stumble a bit like on "My Best Friend".  and to reply to the last 2 posts here, "Haunt You Every Day" IS a beautiful listen.  Rick Rubin told Rivers to write a song like Billy Joel, and so this was Rivers' attempt at that and it became something its own.  Not many people can be told to emulate another artist and be able to pull it off.  Make Believe is extremely underrated.  Now, echoing earlier statements, Red does have some of =w='s best songs a la "Greatest Man" "King" and "Angel and the One" (who else could make one looped chord progression sound so epic) but it also features some of the band's worst, see "Cold Dark World".  Maladroit is awesome, but like someone said it kinda tries too hard at times. "Slave" and "Fall Together" are some of my all-time faves though.  And, agreeing with previous posts, Hurley and Raditude have some solid songs, but overall there are some points that make a longtime weezer fan - and ultimately aalternative rock fan - cringe.  Raditude does has some rad moments, but "Love is the answer", etc. make it a really bad listen all the way through.  Hurley is aimed directly at the younger pop generation, and i get that, but some of those songs are unlistenable to me like Rivers collaborated with Justin Beiber lol.  I suppose it still has a couple of decent songs, which is more than i can say for a lot of 2010's CDs.

So, there you have it. The Green Album wins it for me.  Not all supersonic gems, but not a bad song is present on the entire thing. 

Red feels like the whole band is in the room jamming together and really feels like a band effort. That alone gives it an edge i'd say. Not to mention the mastering is the best since pinkerton. The quiet parts are quiet and the loud parts are loud.

Red also has the highest highs SINCE pinkerton.  Greatest man, Dreamin, Pig, Angel and the one, Miss s, Pork and beans.

Hurley comes close but certain aspects hinder it a bit.

I think as a record, Hurley is probably the third best Weezer album. There are no weak points.
I Love the Green song "Island in the Sun"!

John Calo said:

Blue and Pinkerton are masterpieces of the 1990's, albums you can listen to from track 1 to 10 and then, when the CD starts over, you can listen to it again without thinking twice.  So, i'm going to base my decision solely on those standards for this millennia.

The Green album is the best Weezer album, as a whole, so far.  The songs were carefully crafted, insanely catchy, and super consistent the entire way through the record.  It was fast, like 28 minutes or so, but it made its mark in that time frame.  Some may think that the lyrics were the album's downfall, but I think that by Rivers taking himself out of the equation he did something that most artists would never have the balls to do: he said "F you" to his critics and the people who shunned the previous album.  That's some true rage against the machine type stuff.  Green songs will get stuck in your head days after you've heard them, and that's what good ole Rivers was trying to do.  "Smile", "Crab", and "Knock down drag out" are fantastic songs and none of them were even the record's singles!!!

Granted, Make Believe is also a great album, definitely the 4th best of their career, but it does stumble a bit like on "My Best Friend".  and to reply to the last 2 posts here, "Haunt You Every Day" IS a beautiful listen.  Rick Rubin told Rivers to write a song like Billy Joel, and so this was Rivers' attempt at that and it became something its own.  Not many people can be told to emulate another artist and be able to pull it off.  Make Believe is extremely underrated.  Now, echoing earlier statements, Red does have some of =w='s best songs a la "Greatest Man" "King" and "Angel and the One" (who else could make one looped chord progression sound so epic) but it also features some of the band's worst, see "Cold Dark World".  Maladroit is awesome, but like someone said it kinda tries too hard at times. "Slave" and "Fall Together" are some of my all-time faves though.  And, agreeing with previous posts, Hurley and Raditude have some solid songs, but overall there are some points that make a longtime weezer fan - and ultimately aalternative rock fan - cringe.  Raditude does has some rad moments, but "Love is the answer", etc. make it a really bad listen all the way through.  Hurley is aimed directly at the younger pop generation, and i get that, but some of those songs are unlistenable to me like Rivers collaborated with Justin Beiber lol.  I suppose it still has a couple of decent songs, which is more than i can say for a lot of 2010's CDs.

So, there you have it. The Green Album wins it for me.  Not all supersonic gems, but not a bad song is present on the entire thing. 

The Red album is probably the best Weezer album, tied with Pinkerton.  I will never let go of how underrated that album is.  But I think Make Believe and Hurley have some really personal lyrics and are really solid too.
Is there a problem with saying multiples? I think not... In that case, uhh how about red, make believe, and green. In no particular order.
I agree!

amazingpersonthatyouwannatalk2 said:
Is there a problem with saying multiples? I think not... In that case, uhh how about red, make believe, and green. In no particular order.
Green and Hurley are tied as the best weezer albums period in my mind mind. Green is the perfect summer album and Hurley is just so jam packed of some great power pop songs...and trainwrecks lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video