The first album I ever bought from Weezer was The Red Album. Yes, I am very sad I didn't get into their music before hand. I listened to the album in its entirety the minute I got into the car. I remember jamming out to the up beat tempo of Troublemaker, being blown away by The Greatest Man That Ever Lived, and feeling the emotion behind Heart Songs. (I still don't get how people can hate on that song.)

Now this is where things get serious haha. The VERY first time I heard The Angel and the One. I started crying half way through it. I had just gone through a really tough break up and needed a song like that RIGHT at that time. The raw emotion that Rivers put into that song is incredible. It felt like the lyrics in the song were written for me. You know how that is. I have looked up the meaning to this song and all the meanings people give it have been different. The fact that you can turn it into anything you want just makes it that much better.

Now, to the casual music fan I dont expect you to even remotely understand how I actually feel about this song or how much it means to me, but for people out there who can feel emotion in a song, or appreciate the message behind it, or can just drown out the world with their favorite band playing in their headphones, you can understand.

How do you guys feel about this song?

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's one of my favorite Weezer songs ever. I think Rivers stumbled upon something brilliant with this one. Unfiltered emotion, yet still mysterious and beautiful.
Peace Shalom
It's a pretty emotional song on a great album. I love it. On another note I've been listing to them since '94 and in my opinion "Greatest Man" is the most epic song they've ever done.
Hands down my favorite Weezer song, It's a masterpiece of song writting. We need to somehow frame the music in a picture and preserve it for all time lol
probably my favorite thing on the album and one of their better songs.
I know it is off topic, but I could not agree more.

Stefan P'Pool JR said:
It's a pretty emotional song on a great album. I love it. On another note I've been listing to them since '94 and in my opinion "Greatest Man" is the most epic song they've ever done.
I love it so much, i can really relate to it and it brings back memories.

I also started crying....I was having my own issues and confusions with spiritual stuff...lots of frustrations and anxiety from something particular that was and still does bother me. When I was listening I felt this sense of acceptance followed by stregnth. This is the best way that I can describe it. This songs gets me very emotional but gives me some sort of stregnth/ease at the same time...maybe as I recognize all the emotions that are pent up and acknowldge it. I actually just got misty eyed when I was writing this( embarassed..but being honest).

Also, I consider myself a casual music fan (maybe I'm wrong) but yes I think this is a very powerful song . 

By your comment, I would consider you more than a casual fan of music :) Good luck with everything! Hope it all gets better.

Natkat128 said:

I also started crying....I was having my own issues and confusions with spiritual stuff...lots of frustrations and anxiety from something particular that was and still does bother me. When I was listening I felt this sense of acceptance followed by stregnth. This is the best way that I can describe it. This songs gets me very emotional but gives me some sort of stregnth/ease at the same time...maybe as I recognize all the emotions that are pent up and acknowldge it. I actually just got misty eyed when I was writing this( embarassed..but being honest).

Also, I consider myself a casual music fan (maybe I'm wrong) but yes I think this is a very powerful song . 

As a very spiritual person, I feel like there are a lot of different meanings to this song on so many levels (also "Hold Me").  If anyone questions the Red album being as good or better than the Blue album, this song and "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived" should be their reference.  One of the greatest songs and albums of all time without a doubt.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video