Just a quick question. Has the band ever preformed The Angel and the One live. It's one of my favs, and would be epic live, but i am yet to find a live recording of it.

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nah i dont beleive they have, which is a shame cause in my mind it is without a doubt the single most perfect thing Weezer has ever done...and theyve done a lot of perfect things. But yeah, I've spent many a night on the internets looking for any news of a live performance of it and nada :(

many people assume that live versions are more definitive than the studio recordings.  That's not always the case.  It's been shown that Weezer had some pretty lackluster songs live that eventually they decided were not strong enough to keep in the setlist.  In addition, when you have a lot going on in some songs, you are very limited in what you can do in the performance along with the number of people in the band.  Some people attempt to play those type of songs despite the limitations - and when they do, they usually have to retool the entire song.  Most performers tend to leave certain songs alone because it's too much of a burden and a challenge to perform in concert.

If they can pull of Only In Dreams live I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do Angel and the One.

Dr Rgne said:

many people assume that live versions are more definitive than the studio recordings.  That's not always the case.  It's been shown that Weezer had some pretty lackluster songs live that eventually they decided were not strong enough to keep in the setlist.  In addition, when you have a lot going on in some songs, you are very limited in what you can do in the performance along with the number of people in the band.  Some people attempt to play those type of songs despite the limitations - and when they do, they usually have to retool the entire song.  Most performers tend to leave certain songs alone because it's too much of a burden and a challenge to perform in concert.

I have to admit, it's been a while since i last listened to this song.  I just remember being disappointed with the concept of the Red album.  Since the release, I felt Make Believe was a better album.  I just didn't care to hear everyone and their mother sharing the microphone.  For me, a Weezer album is Rivers doing the vocals.
If they didn't make red album the way it was Weezer would have disbanded.
Never. I think I read that on weezerpedia

they sure can't do memories live, but i too would like to hear the angel and the one live.

also, pig.  also, spider.  also, miss sweeney.  also, king.

Angel and the One and Miss Sweeney are two songs I'd LOVE to hear live!
one can dream...

Naota25 said:
If they didn't make red album the way it was Weezer would have disbanded.
This song is in my top 3 Weezer songs of all time. I guess we might have to wait 10 years for them to do a "Make Believe/Red Album" Memories tour to hear this live.  Okay......... I know that will never happen but it's good to dream.

I think this argument is invalid.  See Greatest Man That Ever Lived.

I too want to hear/download Angel and the One live.  I love this song.

Dr. Rgne said:

Anyone have a video of when they performed Greatest Man live? Would love to see that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video