those shows were deeply moving, especially night 2............

then i woke up at 3:20 PT on Sunday morning to catch my flight back to LA in time to play in my soccer game.  and i've had a cold through all of this. 

needless to say, i didn't score a goal.

Views: 416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was at the Pinkerton show, and like you said Rivers, it was a deeply moving experience. Pinkerton is such a personal album, and seeing you perform it live along with so many other people who appreciated it in the same way I did was surreal. On top of the Pinkerton portion of the show, you guys kicked an unbelievable amount of ass in the greatest hits half. From the killer opening with Memories (what an awesome live song!) to the barely controlled chaos that was going on in the climax of Only in Dreams, I couldn't have asked for a better show. It was deeply nostalgic for myself and I'm sure many others, but even without nostalgia I think that you really showcased what Weezer is all about at the Aragon, and that's killer rock music. 

Thank you Rivers, and thank you to the rest of the band for an incredible night and for all the great music over the years. Keep making music and we'll keep listening. 

Thank you for this awesome tour!  It was fun seeing you in Boston and hope to see you more in the future.

Rivers, you left it all on the stage. Thank you and the band for two awe-inspiring shows.

A truly unforgettable weekend for so many reasons. 

I haven't listened to those blue or pinkerton since the shows. I'm afraid seeing them played the way they were on those two nigths has spoiled me. The VIP was great, it was a pleasure to meet the band and the other fans. It looked like you were really reveling in it all on night 2, Rivers. Thanks, and don't ever stop making music.

I know I already posted on here but I could not even BELIEVE "Falling for you"--- wow... so much emotion was put into that!! There were so many great moments on Saturday night that I can't even comprehend it. They all are pretty much neck and neck but that was probably my favorite performance of the night.
I was at Nirvana's legendary 2nd show at the Aragon in 1993. I was also at the 2nd night Weezer show at the Aragon a few days ago. Many parallels could be drawn, at least for this fan who will no sooner forget the Weezer show than the Nirvana show. Awesome.
I bet it would have been even more moving if you brought your laptop to the stage, so all of the unfortunate souls who could not afford a ticket could see it too.
Rivers, you ever gonna bring the memories tour to Connecticut?
Of you do, you gotta add Longtime Sunshine to setlist 1

The dreWid said:
Rivers, you ever gonna bring the memories tour to Connecticut?
Yes, this! I agree with every bit of it. Well said, krisande!

krisande said:

I was at the Pinkerton show, and like you said Rivers, it was a deeply moving experience. Pinkerton is such a personal album, and seeing you perform it live along with so many other people who appreciated it in the same way I did was surreal. On top of the Pinkerton portion of the show, you guys kicked an unbelievable amount of ass in the greatest hits half. From the killer opening with Memories (what an awesome live song!) to the barely controlled chaos that was going on in the climax of Only in Dreams, I couldn't have asked for a better show. It was deeply nostalgic for myself and I'm sure many others, but even without nostalgia I think that you really showcased what Weezer is all about at the Aragon, and that's killer rock music. 

Thank you Rivers, and thank you to the rest of the band for an incredible night and for all the great music over the years. Keep making music and we'll keep listening. 

For the record: this is my first ever digi-post so pardon me if I exceed any character count convention, I'm simply not familiar with this internetting business. But I'm taking this step out of  'necessity'; this seems the most straightforward (and modern!) way to tender my profoundest gratitude for this past weekend. Among the realizations I've come to is the fact that I've been listening to Weezer for greater than 15 years! Where did the time go? At once those years feel like an instant and an eternity. I wonder about the extent to which you realize the thoroughgoing impact you have had in so many people's lives. This past weekend was for me, as I'm sure it was for many in the audience, a tremendous chapter in the great Weezer saga.

As for the shows.... Friday was the most fun I've had in as long as I can remember. Having met you guys before the show was awesome; being able to listen to you play after recognizing you as regular people was marvelous. (When you meet the fans, do they become regular people to you in like fashion?) Throughout all the years and all the tracks, Surf Wax America has remained my favorite. I have no interest in defending it as the most musically dazzling work you've done, that misses the point. It's just my favorite. You had better believe I was singing and dancing to the point of transcendence. I'll have that forever, so thanks.

Saturday was different. From the moment I woke up I had an enormous sense of seriousness about the upcoming show. To be honest, I still feel a bit serious about it. Everyone I've spoken to thought Saturday was 'perfect'. I must agree that Butterfly was beautiful and consummate, but earlier on there were a few vocal spots that seem to have been eluded. In particular, I was intently waiting to see how you would handle the first holler in Tired of Sex. By no means did I expect to hear the sound from 15 years ago, but neither did I expect that you would look down at your guitar. If you respond to these messages, I would love to hear directly from you how your reflect upon that point. By no means do I intend to criticize. Instead I wonder in the way that a life long friend wonders about mutual growth and change. The shows this weekend were very personal and I genuinely appreciate everything you've given to all of you fans, myself included. Here's to 15 more years together!

Both times that I met you in Chicago I asked you to play a particular song which, I feel, showcases some of the best vocal sweet spots of your mature voice. Understandably, that song didn't make it into the hits sets. However, at the after party on Saturday, you said of performing it 'that can happen.' So... how can that happen? I have at least two ideas, one big, one small. Big first. I see that a show has been added in Las Vegas. Although it's a long shot, I am going to seriously determine the possibility of flying from the midwest to that illuminated desert for one night simply to see the closing of this chapter. Perhaps I would hear the song then? If a playing of that song were confirmed I would book the flight. Small plan - perhaps you could upload a simple performance onto your YouTube account. Only bummer about that one is that all aspects of the vocal will first be broken into ones and zeros. Oh, this digital life.... But I'll take whatever I can get.

Well, I'm sure if there is some character count limit it has been exceeded. I would prefer to do this as handwritten correspondence - then the length wouldn't seem so offensive and you'd be holding something tangible in your hand. If you've actually read this far, thanks. I hope your illness is passing and you're back and ready to rock Vegas! Best wishes!

-Crystal

P.S. - I like your style, too.

Thank you for coming to Chicago Rivers. The Midwest loves you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video