Sorry to go all Twilight on you guys but if there were teams, which one would you be on?

I honestly would be on Team Blue. I think the Blue album is a lot better than Pinkerton. It is as simple as that.

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pinkerton. I like the songs on Blue, but the production is just too slick for me, you know? Actually, I'll go all hipster on ya and say Pinkerton b-sides/outtakes ("Devotion," "Waiting on You," "You Gave Your Love to Me Softly," SFTBH stuff). Those are probably my favorite Weezer tracks ever recorded.

Blue? Too slick? Man. I've got some awesome rehearsal tapes of my old band, recorded on a microcassette recorder that had beer poured into it and grime and filth in the speakers and stuff. I'll send it to you if you really want, I think you'd be really into it. imo.

cuz its my first <3

Yeah, I like lo-fi stuff. My favorite bands include Guided by Voices and Minutemen. But the production on Blue is slick by most standards, very compressed. There's that radio interview included on Pinkerton Deluxe where some surfer soundin' dude calls in asking why the first album was so pristine and the second one was more raw. Rivers said that they were too worried about making things sound "perfect" and it came out a little bit sterile. I agree with him.

Oh, and if you weren't just trolling, send me those rehearsal tapes. Sounds badass.
runnersdialzero said:

Blue? Too slick? Man. I've got some awesome rehearsal tapes of my old band, recorded on a microcassette recorder that had beer poured into it and grime and filth in the speakers and stuff. I'll send it to you if you really want, I think you'd be really into it. imo.

Naw, I love lo-fi stuff, too. If a song's good, a song's good, and something lo-fi can bring a lot of character to something. Still, I think the blue album is a great-sounding album through and through, and I certainly wouldn't call it too slick. But hay, different strokes n' all.

Allison Paulis said:

Yeah, I like lo-fi stuff. My favorite bands include Guided by Voices and Minutemen. But the production on Blue is slick by most standards, very compressed. There's that radio interview included on Pinkerton Deluxe where some surfer soundin' dude calls in asking why the first album was so pristine and the second one was more raw. Rivers said that they were too worried about making things sound "perfect" and it came out a little bit sterile. I agree with him.

Oh, and if you weren't just trolling, send me those rehearsal tapes. Sounds badass.
runnersdialzero said:

it would be impossible to choose... i mean, blue was how i first fell in love with =w=, and it has only in dreams on it... there's just something undeniably classic about it.... pinkerton stands as its own body of work, a complete package and story, and is just overall amazing... there are good reasons for both, so, to borrow another twilight reference... "I'm Switzerland!"

Team Red. If you don't like it, you can shove it!

But I don't like it. I love it. But I still think Blue is the best album Weezer has come out with. Pinkerton is second. Every other album only has a few good songs that appear in the album.

drewid-boy chicken wing said:

Pinkerton.

Every song on blue is good. Surely the same can't be said for Red? Troublemaker, Everybody get dangerous, Cold Dark World etc etc

Fist off, it was a joke, my fave is Pinkerton. Second of all, those songs are great! 

Indiekid said:
Every song on blue is good. Surely the same can't be said for Red? Troublemaker, Everybody get dangerous, Cold Dark World etc etc

Green is my favourite by far.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video