I used to have (maybe still do, somewhere) a very early version of this song before they started hacking it up when playing it live. In 2000 they were cutting half the second verse and on SS2K the first chorus was cut and the second verse had a repeated line. Anyway, in the early live version the second verse has the line about "entertain them with their schtick," and I believe had the full choruses. Is there a good, clean version of that incarnation of the song floating around? In my opinion, they should have stuck with that version and had that as the lead-off single to Green. The later, slow and heavy, demo with the inane line about smoking doobies and having a beer just didn't do anything for me.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really like the song.
Ii do too, and bro, if this is an honest question, apparently you dont know the Weez that well... well, maybe just Karl. It exists... whether we get it or not is a completely different story.

Don't know the Weez too well? Perhaps you misunderstood... I had (maybe still have somewhere) the very early live version, but I can't locate it, so I was asking if it is floating around anywhere. No of the live versions I'm finding are the version I'm looking for; I guess, additionally, I was asking if there are multiple (maybe of better quality) files of this version out there. I have only heard the one.

Also, to be clear, are posts linking to YouTube vids allowed, as they are "not for download?"

yes, of course.

Boo said:

Also, to be clear, are posts linking to YouTube vids allowed, as they are "not for download?"

Ah, I might have to dust off my old CDs and look for it and upload a YouTube vid to give an example of the version I'm looking for...

sad tomato [berry] said:
yes, of course.

Boo said:

fyi, it's perfectly ok to share stuff that has never featured on an official release.

I apparently have 6 versions of this song. lemme dig for a sec.

Edit: found it. Not exactly "clean" but I have it.  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9A8865LQ

Thanks. I think this is the version I had. This is the best arrangement, in my opinion. Though, it would be perfect if it had the rockin' out ending. I've always wondered why Rivers cut the second half of the second verse.

Anyway, if anyone else has this arrangement, post it.

Ali [mutantmanifesto] said:

I apparently have 6 versions of this song. lemme dig for a sec.

Edit: found it. Not exactly "clean" but I have it.  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9A8865LQ

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video