What's your favorite star wars movie and why? My favorite is episode I.  

Hahaha! Just kidding! Probably ep. III or V. 

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no, it's like saying I am completely disregarding "new weezer" out of respect for "old weezer"

The dreWid said:
That's like saying there is no "new weezer"

hintofcoolness said:
again, there is no "new trilogy"

The dreWid said:
III for the new trilogy and V for the old one. 

hintofcoolness said:
There is no Episode III. Only IV, V, and VI. So the correct answer is V.
F****** midichlorians? really?
Watching episode III. Take that hintofcoolness! Haha
Yeah. That was kind of dumb. I like all the movies but 3-6 are the best. That's just my opinion so do not waste your time dwelling upon it. 

hintofcoolness said:
F****** midichlorians? really?
Empire Strikes Back is my favorite. I love the whole feel of the movie. The big battle is at the opening instead of the end. Han gets seperated from Luke who goes off to do his own thing. I love the darkness of the film. I love the final lightsaber battle and revelation. Best of all is how it ends on such a bittersweet note. The bad guys basically win and you're left wondering what is to become of Han Solo (who is my favorite character btw).

Best of all is the music. It's got the best music of any of them. The ending credits especially combines all the themes together perfectly, it's on my user page if you want to listen haha. It's just beautiful.

After that I'd have to rank them as such...

ESB
ANH
ROTS
ROTJ
TPM
AOTC

... Revenge of the Sith is actually really good but it's still no match for the original. Duel of the Fates (and the whole lightsaber battle) in TPM gives it an edge.
Get ready to hate THIS guy. Revenge of the Sith is my favorite. It is amazing. Then Return of the Jedi, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones, and rounding it off is The Phantom Menace.

I was young when I first saw it also. Here is the question my brother posed(who was much older). When the Death Star explodes....would it explode like that in space?

hintofcoolness said:
It's funny you mention that- whenever I remember seeing Star Wars as a little kid that one specific scene stands out the most, scared the crap out of me. Also a very quotable film.

While I love Episode IV (and incidentally really enjoyed studying some Joseph Campbell back in college and reconsidering the film in that light,) the truth is that not a whole lot happens in it when you think about it- heroes meet, heroes get captured, heroes escape, heroes blow up Death Star. Return has Ewoks and basically mimics the formula of the Episode IV. So Empire gets my vote.

P.S. Return of the Jedi does have two redeeming qualities; the speeder bike chase and good old coked-out Carrie Fisher :

kilgoretrout45 said:
Episode IV. When Darth Vader walks onto Princess Leia's ship for the first time...that was incredible.
The cartoon series sucks. The story is decent, but the animation for the humans is lame.
4 has went above 3, but still under 5
4 has went above 3, but still under 5
good decision

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.