Yo guys!

 

Anybody know where I can find a copy of SS2K?

 

The album with Superstar and the Sister Song.

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://weezer.com/forum/topics/is-this-legal

sad tomato [berry] said:
yes.

Jordan said:

Hint:

 

Is this legal?

I know it may have taken a while but it works in the end.

Farkas said:
Don't listen to Hugh. There is a much quicker way 

the forum guidelines are clear. anything that has not been on an official release can be shared.

 

so, yes. it's fine.

Jordan said:

http://weezer.com/forum/topics/is-this-legal

sad tomato [berry] said:
yes.

Jordan said:

Hint:

 

Is this legal?

You'd think that since we all share a common love of a rather obscure band with a rabid following, everyone would be civil and try to not be a*******. Oh, but you would be so wrong! Isn't the world great?

Garrett S. Vanisi said:
Do you really have to be a d*** about everything?


kittens bieber ♥ said:
have you checked the internet?

Weezer. Obscure.

 

 


Mr. Sweeney said:

You'd think that since we all share a common love of a rather obscure band with a rabid following, everyone would be civil and try to not be a*******. Oh, but you would be so wrong! Isn't the world great?

Garrett S. Vanisi said:
Do you really have to be a d*** about everything?


kittens bieber ♥ said:
have you checked the internet?


well, I know I've never heard of them...


G Foo Chombey said:

Weezer. Obscure.

 

 


Mr. Sweeney said:

You'd think that since we all share a common love of a rather obscure band with a rabid following, everyone would be civil and try to not be a*******. Oh, but you would be so wrong! Isn't the world great?

Garrett S. Vanisi said:
Do you really have to be a d*** about everything?


kittens bieber ♥ said:
have you checked the internet?
Because obviously, I didn't mean that they don't have the biggest hard-core fanbase. Thanks for proving my point fellas.

CrazyLikeAFox [spaz] said:


well, I know I've never heard of them...


G Foo Chombey said:

Weezer. Obscure.

 

 


Mr. Sweeney said:

You'd think that since we all share a common love of a rather obscure band with a rabid following, everyone would be civil and try to not be a*******. Oh, but you would be so wrong! Isn't the world great?

Garrett S. Vanisi said:
Do you really have to be a d*** about everything?


kittens bieber ♥ said:
have you checked the internet?
Double negatives, bro. Double negatives.

Mr. Sweeney said:
Because obviously, I do mean that they do have the biggest hard-core fanbase. Thanks for proving my point fellas.

CrazyLikeAFox [spaz] said:


well, I know I've never heard of them...


G Foo Chombey said:

Weezer. Obscure.

 

 


Mr. Sweeney said:

You'd think that since we all share a common love of a rather obscure band with a rabid following, everyone would be civil and try to not be a*******. Oh, but you would be so wrong! Isn't the world great?

Garrett S. Vanisi said:
Do you really have to be a d*** about everything?


kittens bieber ♥ said:
have you checked the internet?
Haha. I'll cop to that one.

G Foo Chombey said:
Double negatives, bro. Double negatives.

Mr. Sweeney said:
Because obviously, I do mean that they do have the biggest hard-core fanbase. Thanks for proving my point fellas.

CrazyLikeAFox [spaz] said:


well, I know I've never heard of them...


G Foo Chombey said:

Weezer. Obscure.

 

 


Mr. Sweeney said:

You'd think that since we all share a common love of a rather obscure band with a rabid following, everyone would be civil and try to not be a*******. Oh, but you would be so wrong! Isn't the world great?

Garrett S. Vanisi said:
Do you really have to be a d*** about everything?


kittens bieber ♥ said:
have you checked the internet?
Haha, yeah I know. I wasn't questioning the legality of it. My hint was just the title of that thread.

sad tomato [berry] said:

the forum guidelines are clear. anything that has not been on an official release can be shared.

 

so, yes. it's fine.

Jordan said:

http://weezer.com/forum/topics/is-this-legal

sad tomato [berry] said:
yes.

Jordan said:

Hint:

 

Is this legal?

SS2K used to be all over the web, but over time I feel like it's become harder to track down. When it was first released, there was massive fan demand and most of the songs were already immense fan favorites. However, the situation has changed over time. Green was our first Weezer in a while, and SS2K was a great alternative. It's what Green originally promised to be: 50/60's pop meets 90's alternative rock. At the time fans weren't upset with cuomo's direction towards writing the perfect pop song, they were upset with his execution (Weezer themselves have gone on record with similar regrets towards Green). SS2K was the perfect remedy. But as an online release in the early 2000's, SS2K has sunk into obscurity. Nowadays there's a bunch of Weezer records, so if you don't like Green, you can try Mala, or red, so I feel like SS2K has kind of fallen by the wayside due to these two reasons (as well as due to the lack of easily accessible online availability causing SS2K to become even more scarce).

 

In order to remedy this problem, I uploaded the whole SS2K album onto youtube account (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAngryAbsolutist#p/p). I got one play list with the album on it by itself, and a second with the bonus tracks added on as well. You can also just search Weezer SS2K on youtube and my playlists should pop up.

 

Don't trust any SS2K you find online, the first version I found swapped in different versions for O Girl and Dope Nose, instead of using Rivers' "definitive" edits. The album was released online for free for the purpose of fan downloading, so no worries; go to my videos, rip the album off youtube, take the album artwork, and spread it on to any and everyone you can.

 

SS2K is without a doubt my fave Weez record. Is it there best? No. is it there definitive pop record however? I'd say yes. And I'd also say definitely their most stoner friendly, thanks to Mikey ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video