I know this may be a weird idea, but I was thinking of trying to get my school to do Songs From The Black H*** as the school musical or whatever.

Also, theres only really songs but I will probably try to write some scenes to go between them. I just don't know what to write yet.

Heres what the setlist would be:

Act 1:

1. Countdown (Ohh by Rivers Cuomo)

2. Blast Off! 

3. Who You Callin' B****?

4. Oh Jonas

5. Please Remember 

6. Come To My Pod

7. Oh No, This Is Not For Me

8. Tired Of Sex

9. Superfriend

10. She's Had A Girl

Act 2:

11. Dude We're Finally Landing 

12. Why Bother?

13. Now I Finally See

14. Getchoo

15. I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams

16. No Other One

17. Devotion

18. Long Time Sunshine (Coda Mix)

19. Long Time Sunshine (Reprise)

Some of the songs aren't released too, so I have to wait till Alone 3 comes out, and I hope its released this month. But anyway, do any of you think this possible to put on as a show?

Tags: bell, black, brian, cuomo, from, h***, matt, patrick, pinkerton, rivers, More…sftbh, sharp, songs, the, weezer, wilson

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

like, one of those songs hasnt been released lol.

is there even a released date for alone3? other than december time

No school would ever do this.

waaaaay too inappropriate for a school to consider

It's not too inappropriate. It's just a dumb idea. They would not be able to charge, so they would just lose money. And no one would come see it. 

870923857 said:

It is. "Yay! Sex in space!"

What about like a local city musical or something 

elscorcho said:

It's not too inappropriate. It's just a dumb idea. They would not be able to charge, so they would just lose money. And no one would come see it. 

870923857 said:

Besides  what legal  issuses would one have To go through

No way, I've actually been thinking about doing this as well. I think it would be a good idea, and possible to be put on as a show. However, I have been thinking about changing "Tired of Sex" and "Come to my Pod" since the school probably wouldn't allow the original lyrics, and I would just change some of the words.

if you're talking about changing the content of sftbh, just forget it. it's  fragmented enough without changing stuff around. and as much as I hate to say it, snickers is right about most ppl not wanting to see it because they don't know what the hell it is.

Songs from the Black H*** would only work as an off-broadway musical with actual talent to fill the gaps.

if you want your club or whatever to make money, do Grease.

Legal issues aside. I think this is a pretty awesome idea. I'm not sure if you’re talking about a college or high school play but either way I don't think it would have to be inappropriate at all. In fact, I recently saw the musical "Urinetown" performed by middle schoolers. It’s all about how you chose to adapt, or in this case, write it. As far as those who don’t think it would have mass appeal...i think as long as you can actually write a good STORY and don't depend on the music (or the SFTBH angle) to carry the play you could definitely entertain a wide audience. For example, the musical Mama Mia works because although not everyone in the audience is a diehard ABBA fan (although their music is admittedly way more famous than SFTBH..) , they come because the music is entertaining and the story has mass appeal.

so that was probably a terrible example but anyway I say at least try writing something and see what happens.

Hah fair enough.

Maybe a better example would be my old high school doing Rocky Horror a couple years ago..a musical very much about sex (whose main character is a transvestite alien from Transsexual, Transylvania…)?

You’re right tho, you definitely don't have to have a well developed or profound story to have mass appeal.

The point is I don’t think it’s quite fair to judge a script that isn’t written (by assuming it would be limited by "sex in space"). As far as the idea, I think it’s worth pursuing.. but what the hell do I know!

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

yeah ok.

urinetown is a satirical piece revolving around corruption, greed, and urine.

songs from the black h*** is about sex...in space.

mass appeal? sure, it's sex in space.

well developed songs and story? nope!

wondergrr1 said:

Legal issues aside. I think this is a pretty awesome idea. I'm not sure if you’re talking about a college or high school play but either way I don't think it would have to be inappropriate at all. In fact, I recently saw the musical "Urinetown" performed by middle schoolers. It’s all about how you chose to adapt, or in this case, write it. As far as those who don’t think it would have mass appeal...i think as long as you can actually write a good STORY and don't depend on the music (or the SFTBH angle) to carry the play you could definitely entertain a wide audience. For example, the musical Mama Mia works because although not everyone in the audience is a diehard ABBA fan (although their music is admittedly way more famous than SFTBH..) , they come because the music is entertaining and the story has mass appeal.

so that was probably a terrible example but anyway I say at least try writing something and see what happens.

all the people who don't believe in this will be blacklisted when rivers cuomo and I open this on broadway.

hahahahahahah its not gonna happen anyway now, it was just a random idea I had one night. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video