Some interesting info on Matt Sharp's departure / the beginning of the dark ages

I came across these articles last night. Don't know if the newer alt press one was popular on here when it was published, so sorry if you have all read it before. I find them both really interesting, especially some of the things pat had to say about rivers in the older article. Karl says a lot of good stuff about what was going on in the retrospective.

Retrospective on Pinkerton: http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/this_is_beginning_to_hurt_a_...

Published shortly before the break up following pinkerton:
http://blueguy71.tripod.com/aparticle.htm

Tags: break, karl, koch, matt, pinkerton, sharp

Views: 334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well, well, well... the top article has made a return.... good read...

i really like the 2nd article too...

"He (Rivers) also wants to be the focus of attention and has told his bandmates that videos should be a 70-30 split between shots o him and shots of the band."

what a d!ck...

After I read these I completely understood why nothing close to pinkerton will ever be made by them again.
Dungeon Master said:

"He (Rivers) also wants to be the focus of attention and has told his bandmates that videos should be a 70-30 split between shots o him and shots of the band."

what a d!ck...

there was already a huge thread about this.  fail.
Despite his (Rivers) best efforts, Weezer became a successful band.
I agree. Whether or not other members were trying to deter Rivers from having primary control; this band is his. Rivers belongs at the helm.

Dungeon Master said:
Despite his (Rivers) best efforts, Weezer became a successful band.

Where would this band be without AT LEAST 70% of Weezer?

I get it, you don't treat people that way. But that's all speculation. None of it really happened. It's b*******.

Dungeon Master said:

what a d!ck...

I wholeheartedly agree that the band would be nothing without him. The band had to go through this, imo. Rivers had to act like that in order for Pinkerton turn out how wonderful it did. And what makes you think this never happened? 

MakeUpOnShelf said:

I get it, you don't treat people that way. But that's all speculation. None of it really happened. It's b*******.

Dungeon Master said:

what a d!ck...

Of course I don't.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

do you have proof that it didn't happen?

MakeUpOnShelf said:

Dungeon Master said:

what a d!ck...

Look people can say mean things about rivers but there is a simple fact.

If it wasn't for him no one in that band would be making the money they are now.

Now, do i wish he was more even with them? Yeah mainly because the whole band in return would be happier, which can produce better things.

However, I don't see how this is a shocker or is that big of a deal.

I agree.

While Brian, Pat, and Scott are part of the band and i'm sure they write their own parts.

Rivers is Weezer. He is the song writer and the creator.

This may sound harsh but Rivers could play with 3 new musicians tomorrow and Weezer would roll on without missing a beat.

His songs, his band, his rules end of story.

Sieg Heil!

Tony LoConte said:

I agree.

While Brian, Pat, and Scott are part of the band and i'm sure they write their own parts.

Rivers is Weezer. He is the song writer and the creator.

This may sound harsh but Rivers could play with 3 new musicians tomorrow and Weezer would roll on without missing a beat.

His songs, his band, his rules end of story.

then again, the other three could easily find a new vocalist and start a band better than rivers...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video