So, why were none of the tracks on Death to False Metal released until the CD itself?

I think that there are some really solid tracks, and all would have made great additions to past albums, so why did we never hear them until DTFM? 

I'm a robot and Trampoline are among my favorites, as is Blowin My Stack :)

Tags: Albums, Are, Catchy, Death, False, Good, Metal, Old, Past, Songs, More…To, Why, reading, these, why, you

Views: 406

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Because Rivers felt they were too "out there" or weird. In the case of Unbreak My Heart, the band didn't like it.
okay, thank you.

Gohi said:
Because Rivers felt they were too "out there" or weird. In the case of Unbreak My Heart, the band didn't like it.
The same goes for all of their demos. Most of which re better than the songs on the actual albums!
Didn't Scott talk it up in some MB era interview?

Gohi said:

I remember a journalist talking it up. 

But I also remember last year Rivers told an interviewer it probably didn't end up on Make Believe because the band didn't like it and Pat simply said "lol" when that response was quoted on a6. In short, I dunno.

"lordofthemanor, albumsix.com: Of the many tracks that weren't chosen to be on Make Believe, which were your favorites? Are there any you wish made the album?

Scott: I really liked a lot of the songs that didn’t make the record. One of my favorite was called “I'm Losing My Mind” we also did a cover that I can’t mention but I have the master safe and sound."

http://weezerpedia.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scott_Shriner_Fan_Inter...

Gross. If those two were honestly his favourites when there were songs like I Was Made for You, Blowin' My Stack, Everybody Wants a Chance to Feel All Alone, I Was Scared, My Brain Is Working Overtime etc. etc. being considered I really don't like his taste.

Yeah Scott's taste is not my style. He also championed King which I'm not in love with.
I Don't Want Your Lovin', although a previous demo (slowed down compared to this one), sounded great on DTFM.  I felt like it could've fit in that 3rd slot on Hurley in place of Trainwrecks.  Trainwrecks is "out there" and should've been on DTFM.
No. I Don't Want Your Lovin' sucks.

Dan M. said:
I Don't Want Your Lovin', although a previous demo (slowed down compared to this one), sounded great on DTFM.  I felt like it could've fit in that 3rd slot on Hurley in place of Trainwrecks.  Trainwrecks is "out there" and should've been on DTFM.
My Favourite is Everyone.
I remember that thread, ha!

Dan M. said:
Trainwrecks is one of those Weezer songs that should have been left in the vaults. It's frustrating when we keep getting these type of turds when there are at least two dozen unreleased songs laced throughout Cuomo's catalogue that would've been so much better suited in the third track position on Hurley :@

Goddamn, where's my Fun Time? :(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video