Upon listening to a town called malice by the jam, I noticed the bassline is pretty much the exact same as " I want you to", so I'm just wondering is there any other songs(either weezer or any other bands) where you've noticed dangerously close similarites musically with another song.

have a listen for yourself!


Views: 588

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I recently noticed that the intro to What'd I Say by Ray Charles and the intro to Break on Through (To The Other Side) by The Doors are very similar, even the drums are similar!
Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPP8w0wMRgQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dLAv0NklTg
I think it's relatively known by everyone, that another Jam song called "Start!" has the exact same bassline, as "Taxman" by The Beatles. "Represent" by Weezer, is awfully similar to "Hello" by Oasis. As least parts of the verses.
Links for everything:

Taxman by Beatles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWAl5V-SiKQ
Start! by Jam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI8AOkbfgNE

Hello by Oasis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAF4Uhiprbo
Represent by Weezer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXvdLpbLnaA


I still like every song :)
please keep discussion to weezer songs that sound similar to other, non-weezer songs - this is the weezer musical discussion forum, after all. if you just want to talk about (non-weezer) songs that sound like other (non-weezer) songs, remake the thread in atnw (or i can move this one, if need be).
My post is allright. There's a Weezer song :)

berry rydell said:
please keep discussion to weezer songs that sound similar to other, non-weezer songs - this is the weezer musical discussion forum, after all. if you just want to talk about (non-weezer) songs that sound like other (non-weezer) songs, remake the thread in atnw (or i can move this one, if need be).
yes, i know :)

should have made it clear - i was directing my post at the OP.

Jesper Andersen said:
My post is allright. There's a Weezer song :)

berry rydell said:
please keep discussion to weezer songs that sound similar to other, non-weezer songs - this is the weezer musical discussion forum, after all. if you just want to talk about (non-weezer) songs that sound like other (non-weezer) songs, remake the thread in atnw (or i can move this one, if need be).
Ya i wasn't too sure which to put it in, as I wanted to showcase the "Musical" similarities between "I want you to" and "town called malice". But was also interested in people noticing it in other bands. If you want to move it to whatever you feel is more suited, be my guest :)
Yeah, I noticed hello and represent last month. I was like, "weezer took that from oasis!"

Jesper Andersen said:
I think it's relatively known by everyone, that another Jam song called "Start!" has the exact same bassline, as "Taxman" by The Beatles. "Represent" by Weezer, is awfully similar to "Hello" by Oasis. As least parts of the verses. Links for everything:
Taxman by Beatles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWAl5V-SiKQ
Start! by Jam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI8AOkbfgNE

Hello by Oasis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAF4Uhiprbo
Represent by Weezer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXvdLpbLnaA


I still like every song :)

Can anyone tell me what song sounds the most like the cars.

I'm guessing that is on the first albim since Ric Ocasek produced it.

 

  • Thanks
I've always heard Brahms' "Waldesnacht" in the beginning of the chorus of Weezer's "In the Garage."
Wow nicely noticed

I always thought the opening riff of "Hang On" sounded very similar to the Course of "21st Century Breakdown" by Green Day

 

Hang On: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-dj-VXLkRQ

21st Century Breakdown:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4ZKlT1EvCA

Middle/end part of Unspoken sounds like Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video