Should Weezer write a musical or play? And would anyone have any interest in it?

If Green Day can do it...so can Weezer! They wrote that "songs from the black h***" thing and it would be an awesome musical...If you agree with me, tell me!

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You realize, Butterfly is the only song on Pinkerton that is based on Madame Butterfly, right? Let's break it down...

Tired of Sex- SFTBH song

Getchoo- SFTBH song

No Other One- SFTBH song

Why Bother?- SFTBH song

Across the Sea- song about a fan letter

The Good Life- About the rock lifestyle.

El Scorcho- About being nervous

Pink Triangle- About a lesbian

Falling for You- About being in love, and still nervous

Butterfly- Duh.

Andrew Zetek said:

Why did you cross out "h***"?
Also, they should put on a version of Madame Butterfly where actors act while they're behind them playing all of Pinkerton to the events of the play.
I guess we have different opinions. I saw it too and thought it was very well done.

Connor Dalton [awesome] said:
Yeah. I saw it in January, when Billie Joe Armstrong was appearing in it. It was awful. I was glad I got in for free, because I would have hated to pay for that.

Stefan said:
Did you see it?

Connor Dalton [awesome] said:
No it wasn't.

Stefan said:
Green Day's was great.

G Foo Chombey said:
No they shouldn't. It'd be just as bad as Green Days.

I've seen a few (including my own) Weezer musicals, and they just get negative feedback from everyone on the forum.

P.S. Stefan, sorry for deleting the original post with your comment for the musical on it. 

I really don't like theater, musicals especially, unless they are funny, like "The Book of Mormon".  I realize there are other humorous plays and musicals out there, so if anyone has any suggestions, go for it.

I would rather see, and think this idea is more tangible than a musical... a movie, made by Karl, with a soundtrack by weezer.  If songs from the black h*** were made into a cheesy sci-fi b-movie, then I could get into that.

to be fair, your weezer musical really sucked.

gingerman621 said:

I've seen a few (including my own) Weezer musicals, and they just get negative feedback from everyone on the forum.

P.S. Stefan, sorry for deleting the original post with your comment for the musical on it. 

Yeah, but I read another one and it was all the same comments I got.

Dad Rubelstein said:

gingerman621 said:

yes, that one also sucked.

gingerman621 said:
Yeah, but I read another one and it was all the same comments I got.

Dad Rubelstein said:

gingerman621 said:

I didn't really get any negative comments
SFTBH would be amazing but wont happen.
I think they totally should! But, unfortunately, I don't think they would make loads of money out of it :/ 
I would LOVE it though!

My take on it is, it's a good idea as long as it's recorded like the past few things they've done... together as a group.  It needs to sound more like "State Farm" -ish... that old school Weezer sound.  And the story shouldn't be cheesy. 

They should definitely take risks, but more in the light of songwriting structure like with Greatest Man or something.  That's one of the best songs they've put together post-pinkerton IMO.  I'm definitley not saying they should take risks by trying out styles like "club music," ala Can't Stop Partying or something like that.  At the end of the day I think Rivers and co. should remember that it needs to be alternative rock.

It'd be cool if there were "sets" or something when they played it live.  Nothing crazy, maybe just banners that would drop behind the =w= that would have artwork that would represent the scenes from the musical/rock opera whatever.  That's a cheap/easy thing to do. 

To actually BECOME a musical for the theater, like in NYC or something?  If that's what you mean then well I wouldn't mind seeing Rivers do something like that.  If he released it as an album and it became that I'd probably go see it too.  However, I don't think I could ever see Rivers singing in the thing like Bille Joe Armstrong did.

I think it should be a musical. And this is how I envision it: A group of guys, standing on a stage... they pull out instruments and play music for a couple hours then they all yell out "thank you (place where they are playing here), good night!". Any takers?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video